Meditation can wipe away the day's stress, bringing with it inner peace. See how one can easily learn to practice this alternate form of meditation and derive health benefits whenever they need it most.
Middletown, NJ (PRWEB) July 16, 2013
Anant Goel, Developer of intelligence game 21 Ninja at RKNet stated: “Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction. Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind. During meditation, one tries to focus their attention on one single thought, or one single object, and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding their mind and causing stress. This process results in enhanced physical and emotional well-being."
And these benefits don't end when the meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry a person more calmly through the day and can even improve certain medical conditions. Meditation helps clear away the information overload that builds up every day and contributes to stress and stress related illnesses.
The emotional benefits of meditation include:
- Gaining a new perspective on stressful situations
- Building skills to manage stress
- Increasing self-awareness
- Focusing on the present
- Reducing negative emotions
A 2007 study by the U.S. government found that nearly 20 million people had practiced meditation within the past 12 months, up from more than 15 million people in 2002.
Anant Goel stated: “Meditation is about self-regulation practices that focus on training attention and awareness in order to bring mental processes under greater voluntary control and thereby foster general mental well-being and develop specific capacities such as calmness, clarity, and concentration."
It’s not about where you sit, how you sit, breathe or not, or chant a mantra or not. Meditation is a practice in which an individual trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or as an end in itself.
Anyone can practice meditation. It's simple and inexpensive, and it doesn't require any special equipment. And one can practice meditation wherever they are — whether out for a walk, riding the bus, waiting at the doctor's office or even in the middle of a difficult business meeting.
There are many types of meditation and relaxation techniques that have meditation components. All share the same goal of achieving inner peace.
Ways to meditate can include:
•Intelligence games as alternative meditation
The traditional practitioners of meditation may look at the Intelligence Games─ a form of meditation─ encroaching on their traditional values and with a jaundiced eye. However, based on evidence, RKNet has demonstrated how the intelligence game 21 Ninja, when played against the computer, can be an alternative and effective form of meditation for 20 to 30 minute session daily.
Here’s the way people can practice meditation on their own:
- Download a game of 21 Ninja on the tablet and find a quiet place with as few distractions as possible. Sit down in a comfortable position that could last up to 30 minutes.
- Place the tablet in the lap and sign-in to play against the computer.
- Have an open attitude and let go distractions naturally without judging them. Most of the time, the game will hold player's attention and not subject them to distracting or wandering thoughts.
- Start the game. And on your turn, touch to open the Ninja card and take a look at the open grid in play. Now close your eyes, take a deep breath slowly through your nostrils, and exhale deeply all the while focusing on your breathing. That should take no more than ten seconds, leaving you 20 seconds to open your eyes, re-focus on the game play, and make your move.
- Repeat this process each time you get the turn to play. As the game progresses, you should notice sense of relaxation, calmness and concentration. Towards the end of the game, you will notice that your core skills─ awareness, sensory integration, visual perception, decision making, and memory have gradually improved.
- When playing the next session of the game, scan your body instead of focusing on breathing. Become aware of your body's various sensations, whether that's pain, tension, warmth or relaxation. Combine body scanning with breathing exercises and imagine breathing heat or relaxation into and out of different parts of your body.
Meditation takes practice. If you're meditating to calm your mind and your attention wanders, slowly return to the object, sensation or movement you're focusing on.
Experiment, to find out what types of meditation work best for you and what you enjoy doing. Remember, there's no right way or wrong way to meditate. What matters is that meditation helps with stress reduction and feeling better overall.
Cognitions Bridge games can be downloaded on tablets from Google PLAY Store or the Apple APP Store.
Launch Press: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1nLhrvZxbg
Download Free Game from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rknetstudio.ninja
Download from App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/21-ninja/id628305598?mt=8
About RKNet Studios:
Founded in 2007, RKNet Studio develops and distributes digital media content and mobile apps for the global audiences. Created by NJBIN award winning team; Cognitions Bridge mobile games are for education, entertainment, brain fitness, and cognitive skills development. The developers bring over 40 years of experience in technology, Applied Cognitive Psychology, communications, and applied operator training systems for fast moving Nuclear Power Control Room environments.