Fort Worth, TX (PRWEB) July 17, 2013
Altego announces the launch of its newest line of laptop bags for summer 2013 by partnering with the Texas A&M High Altitude Balloon Club in an effort to send the new Sunfire Series backpack and messenger bag into near space. Video cameras recorded the entire trip as the Sunfire Series backpack and messenger ascended to over 96,000 feet and returned safely to Earth.
The bags were launched from College Station, Texas on individual rigs specifically designed for this project by Texas A&M HABC. Filled with over 300 feet of helium, the massive weather balloons lifted the rigs and bags into the stratosphere. It took each bag two and a half hours to reach an altitude over 96,000 feet. At the end of the short 20-minute fall back to Earth, the bags landed approximately 20 miles from the launch site at a location pinpointed with the help of GPS. The recovery took over four hours and required an intense trek through heavily wooded areas and flooded fields but both bags were found fully intact.
“Not only were we able to announce the launch of our Sunfire laptop bags in a fun and unusual way, we were also able to help students at Texas A&M create a satellite altitude tracking system,” said Drew Bowers, Director of Marketing.
Click here to see our high flying bags in action.
Polygon Sunfire Series Product Features:
- Soft quilted lining offers ultimate protection and flexibility for MacBook and iPad
- Interior iPad pocket lined with soft padded fabric
- Fidlock magnetic snap buckles close automatically and can be opened with ease by sliding laterally
- Custom molded polygon design back padding for sleek look, extra durability and ultimate comfort
- Water resistant ripstop material for added durability
- Orange, black and grey checkered lining with orange accents
- Commercial grade five bar seatbelt webbing on messenger shoulder strap
- Reflective webbing and accents for additional safety at night
Altego was created in 2008 after seeing a need for a product that veered away from traditional device cases and into a new realm of design. With corporate headquarters located in Fort Worth, Texas, Altego’s passion is creating products that are designed with functionality and personality to bring out the inner you. For more information about Altego and its full line of products visit http://www.altegobrand.com or check us out on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Polygon Sunfire Series is now available for pre-order at http://altegobrand.com/polygon-sunfire-series. Mass release available August 5th.