Half of women over 40 experience hair loss - the goal of this TV segment is to give these women actionable information they can use to reverse the process and grow a thicker, fuller, healthier head of hair.
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) July 22, 2013
World-renowned hair restoration expert Alan J. Bauman, M.D., founder of Bauman Medical Group, is revealing the top new treatments for female hair loss and thinning on The Balancing Act®, airing on Lifetime Television, this Wednesday, July 24th at 7:00 a.m. ET/PT (6:00 am Central). On the show during the "Hollywood Watch" segment, Dr. Bauman will discuss common misperceptions about hair loss, how to get hair like a celebrity and the latest breakthrough treatments for female pattern hair loss.
Women who are concerned about hair loss, thinning or breakage should tune in for advice from a leading global expert. Watch the show teaser here: http://www.thebalancingact.com/video/?v=PMPG22KT604795.
“Whether hair loss or thinning affects you personally, or a loved one, this segment with The Balancing Act will provide actionable information you can use to reverse the process and grow a thicker, fuller, healthier head of hair,” Bauman said. “We’ll be talking about the latest advances in hair science research, cutting-edge treatments and the secrets of Hollywood celebrities. Hair loss affects half of all women over 40 - but it can be effectively treated, and that’s what this show will be talking about.”
Bauman is a board-certified hair restoration surgeon and member of the prestigious Pantene Pro-V Hair Research Institute, an elite group of world-class independent hair scientists and senior Pantene scientists who are working together to solve the top hair health problems today. His pioneering work in hair loss has been featured on Good Morning America, Today, NBC Nightly News, Extra, Access Hollywood, CNN, CBS, The New York Times, Women’s Health, Men’s Health and a variety of other major media outlets. Bauman’s expertise is widely recognized throughout the hair loss industry. In addition to being board-certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, Bauman is also recommended by the American Hair Loss Association and an accepted member of the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons.
Key facts about women’s hair loss:
- Over 30 million women in the US suffer from hair loss
- More than half of all women over 40 experience hair loss
- Women can inherit a ‘hair loss gene,’ just like men
- Hair loss occurs differently in women than in men - i.e., “thinning”
- Hormonal changes and nutrition often play a key factor in women’s hair loss - due to menopause or perimenopause, pregnancy, medications, crash diets and bad health
- New genetic tests can predict a woman’s risk of hair loss and their response to treatment
“On the July 24th episode of The Balancing Act, we’ll be diving into several important new treatment options that you’ve probably never heard of - but they’re the best treatments out there for protecting a woman’s hairline,” Bauman said.
The top new treatments to be revealed on the show include:
- LaserCap - Low level laser therapy is an exciting new FDA cleared treatment option that’s particularly well-suited for women. The best device out there is the ‘LaserCap,’ which delivers clinical-grade light energy over the entire scalp to stimulate weak or dying hair follicles.
- Formula 82M - A new upgrade on the FDA-approved topical treatment minoxidil (aka Rogaine). Formula 82M has a better delivery mechanism, less side effects, and dramatically improves the efficacy of this powerful treatment.
- Vampire PRP Cell Therapy - Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a well-known regenerative treatment used in sports injuries, nerve damage and oral surgery. Its powerful growth factors can also help restore dwindling hair follicles.
- Latisse/bimatoprost - FDA-approved to grow longer, thicker eyelashes, Latisse is also an effective treatment for regrowing hair on the scalp.
- Viviscal Pro - This marine-derived nutritional supplement has been scientifically tested for its effectiveness in helping to boost the hair. Some of Hollywood’s top stars use it.
- Shampoos - Pantene’s new Thickening Treatment can make hair look thicker, denser and fuller. Other shampoo products can also affect the action of the hair-killing hormone DHT.
- NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant - For women who are past the point of recovery with Formula 82M, Latisse and low level lasers, a new minimally-invasive procedure called NeoGraft FUE is the only option. This new no-scalpel/no-stitch micro-surgical hair transplant offers dramatic results for patients.
- Eyebrow/Eyelash Transplants - Over-plucking the brows can cause follicular damage and permanent brow loss. A new microsurgical procedure called the eyebrow transplant can create new living, growing eyebrows. The same procedure also works for the eyelashes.
Tune in at 7:00 a.m. ET/PT (6:00 a.m. Central), Wednesday July 24th to The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television. Join the online discussion on Twitter @DrAlanBauman or Facebook.com/BaumanMedical.
Tweet to Win: Bauman Medical Group is also offering a contest for viewers. The first three people to tweet @DrAlanBauman all of the celebrities mentioned during Dr. Bauman’s interview on The Balancing Act will receive a free two-month supply of topical Formula 82M (or item of equal value) along with their complimentary medical consultation. Tweet a picture of the live broadcast and receive a free one-month supply of nutritional Viviscal Pro (limited to the first five tweeters). Post a picture of the live broadcast to http://www.facebook.com/BaumanMedical and receive a free one-month supply of nutritional Viviscal Pro (limited to the first five Facebook posts with photos). Enter to win a free Laser Cap valued at $3,000 at http://www.laserhat.info.
About Dr. Alan Bauman
Alan J. Bauman, M.D., founder of Bauman Medical Group in Boca Raton, Florida, is a full-time board-certified hair restoration physician whose pioneering work has been widely featured in the US and international media. Fifty percent of his practice is devoted to female patients. Dr. Bauman provides state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures and a multi-therapy approach to the medically treatable condition of hair loss and since 1997 has treated over 15,000 hair loss patients.
Dr. Bauman is a member of the esteemed Pantene Pro-V Hair Research Institute, recommended by the American Hair Loss Association, an accepted member of the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons and is often a featured faculty lecturer at the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Scientific Meetings and other international academic medical conferences.
Dr. Bauman is the author of http://celebrityhairloss.blogspot.com/.
To learn more about Dr. Bauman, the latest hair loss facts and treatments, or to schedule a consultation, visit http://www.baumanmedical.com/.