We Fix Now Respond to Carbon Monoxide Research

Share Article

The specialists at We Fix Now have responded to news that Liverpool John Moores University has been given funding to study carbon monoxide.

News Image
Previous stages of the study found that, in many cases, levels of carbon monoxide present in the home was higher than expected.

According to the Gas Safety Trust’s website on June 24 in the article ‘Mapping Carbon Monoxide in the Home: Gas Safety Trust Supports Liverpool John Moores University Study,’ the trust has awarded funding to Liverpool John Moores University to complete Phase 3 of their Carbon Monoxide National Monitoring Study.

The project is part of 12 months of research which studies the levels of carbon monoxide found in homes. The research hopes to produce a standardised method of collecting data relating to carbon monoxide, such as a screen for smokers. In total, 75,000 homes in the North West will be reached by the study.

Previous stages of the study found that, in many cases, levels of carbon monoxide present in the home was higher than expected, and that the number of carbon monoxide alarms were lower than estimated.

Gas Safety Trust Chairman, Chris Bielby, said in the statement on Gas Safety Trust’s website:

“I am delighted that the Gas Safety Trust is funding this important project which will help us understand how we can better record incidence of carbon monoxide poisoning in the home, especially those at lower levels.”

The specialists at We Fix Now, who provide qualified plumbers in Poplar, throughout the M25 and the surrounding counties, are also able to sort problems with gas. Recognising the importance of gas safety, the specialists were interested in this news, and a representative shared their thoughts:

“It is welcome news that funding has been received to further the research into the levels of carbon monoxide in homes. Increased awareness of the gas and further knowledge should help reduce the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Homeowners should be aware of the risks of carbon monoxide and the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, which includes headaches, dizziness and nausea. Having carbon monoxide alarms installed alerts the homeowner to the presence of carbon monoxide. However, this is no substitute for having all gas appliances regularly checked by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, such as the ones provided by We Fix Now, to ensure that all appliances are working correctly and safely.”

We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency plumbers and electricians throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Lucy Jones
We Fix Now
020 85554 2003
Email >
Visit website