According to a recent Forrester study, nearly 10,000, or 49%, of small business owners use smartphones for their communication needs, while only 17% of Americans own smartphones.
Forest Park, IL (PRWEB) July 26, 2013
According to a recent Forrester study, nearly 10,000, or 49%, of small business owners use smartphones for their communication needs, while only 17% of Americans own smartphones. This dramatic rise in advanced technology usage in commercial industries increases the need for protection. The last thing a business needs is to experience hacking of any sort, but especially smartphone hacking.
The professionals at Forest Agency are concerned about the safety of local businesses, which is why they want to make sure businesses are not vulnerable to such attacks. It is important to note that telephone scams don’t only affect household users, but companies as well. Here are some suggestions provided by Forest Agency on what to do to safeguard smartphones from scams:
- Disable or block all international dialing through the service provider.
- Get a firewall for the telephone system or network.
- Constantly change passwords and PINs, and avoid obvious combinations. Keep this information confidential and do not share them.
- Disable all access to phones if an employee has left or was let go and do not set up new users until they are in the office.
- Restrict physical access to the communications equipment in the office.
- Conduct a security audit at least once a year to check that phones are properly protected.
- Be careful with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. These tools put smartphones in danger of being hacked or picking up malware.
- Don’t leave a business smartphone unattended. It could get into the wrong hands fast.
- Only install apps and security packages that are safe.
- Use password protection for all voice mails.
- Keep all smartphones updated to prevent hacking.
Understanding the need for protection when it comes to communicating amongst employees and customers is crucial to the success of a business. The agents at Forest Agency realize that smartphone scams come and go unpredictably, but that doesn’t mean local companies can’t stay safeguarded if an emergency were to occur. With business insurance that can be customized to meet any organization’s needs, Forest Agency can make sure all risks are covered. Whether businesses need workers compensation, group benefits, or liability insurance, they have these options available and more. For additional information, call the friendly agents at 888-635-6651!
About Forest Agency, Inc.:
Starting as a one-person operation in 1957, Forest Agency has grown into a family of over 3,000 clients over the years. In Illinois, residents and business owners alike can get customized insurance solutions for personal and business lines, as well as specialized services in Aviation. When it comes to the needs of their customers, Forest Agency goes above and beyond – providing more choices, integrity and a personal advocate for all of their customers.