The discoloration and drooping is a protective mechanism for the trees because leaves will lose their moisture through transpiration on their leaves
New York, New York (PRWEB) July 26, 2013
Business Review, after reviewing many arborist companies in the GTA, lists Rooted Tree Services as a top local company dedicated to the health and nourishment of community landscapes and today releases the company’s advisement to residents on proper tree care for thirsty and stressed trees during the recent record breaking July heat wave. New, young trees in recently developed residential areas are showing signs of stress with leaves turning yellow and falling off.
Older trees have already developed a good root system and are not as susceptible as younger trees planted within the last two or three years in newly developed areas. “The discoloration and drooping is a protective mechanism for the trees because leaves will lose their moisture through transpiration on their leaves,” says Peter Crawford of Rooted Tree Services. “The droop of the leaves is a way to create a smaller surface area to lose moisture from.” Rooted Tree Services recommends the following to spot and care for thirsty and stressed trees:
- Look for trees that are yellow in color or look ‘scorched’ with a red outline that have drooping branches and/or already experienced a loss of leaves
- Water trees with a soaker hose or another hose with a low flow. This way the water can soak in rather than just run off the surface
- Place two 20 litre buckets and drill holes in the bottom of the tree. Buckets can then be placed next to the tree and filled with water. The water will seep through the holes to the feeder roots, which are often located a small distance away from the trunk
- Do not prune tree branches on your own because even if the leaves have fallen, the branch could still be alive and possibly bud new leaves later in the summer. Contact a qualified arborist for any pruning or questions
- Ensure to water close to the drip line. The drip line being the edge of the free canopy on the ground all the way around the tree
Trees in longer established areas may fair better than recently developed communities because of soil quality. Newer soil may lack organic matter that retains moisture, leaving water to rush through. For further information, visit http://www.rootedtreeservices.com.
In business for over 43 years, Rooted Tree Services is a leading Ontario based GTA arborist tree service, working with homeowners, businesses, insurance companies and property managers to ensure the safety, health, maintenance and removal of trees and shrubs. Our commitment to quality ensures that you not only enjoy the latest knowledge and equipment, but that every job is completed safely, on time and that each site is cleaned up. Further information and a free quote can be found by visiting, http://www.rootedtreeservices.com.
Business Review, is a daily resource of Gulf Coast business news where readers will find latest breaking business news, updated throughout the day, and some of the week’s top stories from The Business Review and other popular features. Subscribers can also sign up to receive email products including daily business news updates, latest news of 17 industries, dozens of popular topics from around the nation and the latest networking and marketing alerts.