Understanding how people use technology and integrating user experience is emerging as a key part of the product design process.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 30, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced the initial speaker lineup and opened registration for its third annual RoadMap conference, being held November 5-6 in San Francisco. The event will feature designers and technology innovators who are building the next-generation of connected, human-centered products and using design to disrupt business across sectors.
How people interact and engage with the world and each other is increasingly influenced by connectivity and technology. In this always-changing, data-rich environment, experience design is becoming as important as the underlying technology itself.
"User experience and design are now business logic," said Om Malik, founder and senior writer for GigaOM and co-chair of RoadMap 2013. “Understanding how people use technology and integrating user experience is emerging as a key part of the product design process.”
RoadMap speakers representing the intersection of design and user experience include:
- Jack Dorsey, founder and CEO, Square
- Erik Spiekermann, typographer, designer and founder, Edenspiekermann
- Jeff Veen, vice president of products, Adobe
- Joe Gebbia, co-founder, Airbnb
- John Maeda, president, Rhode Island School of Design
- Robert Brunner, partner, Ammunition Group
- Jennifer Magnolfi, advanced R&D consultant, Magnolfi Inc. and Downtown Project
- Danae Ringelmann, founder and chief customer officer, IndieGoGo
- Scott Belsky, co-founder, Behance
- Michelle Lam, CEO, True&Co.
- Gentry Underwood, CEO, Mailbox
- Sean Rad, CEO, Tinder
Major themes to be covered at RoadMap 2013 include:
- next-generation user interfaces
- wearable devices
- the quantified self
- connected creators
- data narratives
- tomorrow’s web brands
Registration is now open for GigaOM RoadMap 2013 and tickets are expected to sell out for the third year in a row. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#RM2013) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced. To learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or +1 415 235 0358.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
About GigaOM Events
GigaOM events bring the people and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage. Through a combination of strong editorial content and face time with technology innovators, GigaOM events give attendees the tools they need to capitalize on emerging trends.