London, UK (PRWEB UK) 6 August 2013
At the same time, Touch Medical Media has signed an updated licensing agreement with Doctors.net.uk, the UK’s largest and most active network of medical professionals, which will see the latter’s 198,000 members gain access to scientific peer-reviewed content across Touch Oncology and Touch Endocrinology globally.
The agreement will mean enhanced UK circulation of Touch Medical Media’s pan European journals and direct access to carefully selected content for the members of Doctors.net.uk. All publications are fully referenced and peer-reviewed to assist in the education of healthcare professionals.
Barney Kent, Managing Director of Touch Medical Media, said: “Our new, re-designed products present doctors and clinicians with an unrivalled resource of educational content. The partnership with Doctors.net.uk will give our peer-reviewed content a greater level of exposure particularly to the UK. Doctors.net.uk is actively engaged with the vast majority of medical professionals in the UK and we are looking forward to providing them with unlimited access to our very best scientific content.”
Dr James Quekett, Director of Educational Services, Doctors.net.uk said: “Doctors.net.uk is constantly increasing the content within its network and this deal will result in a significant amount of new resources being available to members.”
- NOTE TO EDITORS
- Touch Medical Media provides specific platforms with cutting-edge content from world renowned physicians, designed to educate and create discussion amongst medical professionals globally. This is done in both interactive digital media and print across four key therapy areas.
- The portfolio of peer-reviewed journals and websites comprise of concise review articles and other educational tools, which are designed to keep busy physicians up-to-date with the latest developments in their field and serve as a key reference resource for the international medical community. Through this portfolio, Touch Medical Media aims to lead the debate on health and to engage, inform, and support physicians in improving patient outcomes.
- Doctors.net.uk has a membership of over 198,000 doctors, with 97% saying that the network is their most trusted source of information. It is the online resource most frequently used by doctors and provides a variety of services to support them in making the best decisions for their patients. These services include forums for discussion, extensive online education resources and a range of editorial content, including conference highlights.
- Doctors.net.uk also has an independent market research division – medeConnect - which conducts online community-based research among medical professionals world-wide for the pharmaceutical industry and other healthcare organisations. This research is used to inform educational campaigns that are run for Doctors.net.uk members. Doctors.net.uk’s education programmes are sponsored by a range of companies and organisations including pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, charities, hospital providers and public sector groups.
- Doctors.net.uk was created for doctors, by doctors in 1998. More than 300 doctors now act as advisers and clinical information contributors. Credibility and integrity of all published materials is assured thanks to an experienced editorial team and a code of absolute transparency for all information published.