Our funding announcement is a reaffirmation of our mission to challenge the outspoken extremists who voted to deny women the right to their own reproductive healthcare decisions.
Richmond, VA (PRWEB) August 09, 2013
The Women’s Strike Force, a Virginia PAC, has announced its first fund distribution of $42,000 to candidates for the November race for the Virginia House of Delegates.
Candidates receiving distributions are:
- John Bell, 87th District (bellforvirginia.com);
- Katie Webb Cyphert, 22nd District (katiewebbcyphert.com);
- Traci Dippert, 30th District (dippertfordelegate.com);
- Rob Farinholt, 94th District (robfarinholt.com);
- James Harder, 12th District (harderforthehouse.com);
- Monty Mason, 93rd District (masonforvirginia.com);
- Jeremy McPike, 31st District (voteforjeremy.com);
- Gary Miller, 14th District (millerfordelegate.com);
- Kathleen Murphy, 34th District (kathleenmurphyfordelegate.com);
- Atif Qarni, 13th District (qarnifordelegate.com).
“The Women’s Strike Force and Virginia women have confidence in our outstanding candidates for the House of Delegates,” says President Katherine Waddell. “Their success in November will mean more support for women’s reproductive rights in the Virginia General Assembly.”
The Women’s Strike Force is a bi-partisan Virginia political action committee (PAC) dedicated to recruiting and supporting candidates opposing elected officials who supported the mandatory ultrasound legislation and other laws restricting abortion enacted in the 2012 Virginia General Assembly.
“Our funding announcement is a reaffirmation of our mission to challenge the outspoken extremists who voted to deny women the right to their own reproductive healthcare decisions,” says board member Margaret Vanderhye. “From now through this election and beyond, we will continue to raise funds, recruit volunteers and promote our mission to help elect legislators who will support women’s reproductive rights, and we invite others to join with us for this important cause.”
To date the Women’s Strike Force has endorsed 22 candidates for the House of Delegates race. The PAC may endorse additional candidates and award more money at a future date to be determined.
The Women's Strike Force, LLC is a bipartisan PAC founded in 2012 by women leaders from across Virginia to recruit and support challengers to legislators who voted in favor of personhood and mandatory ultrasound bills. The group has a national profile and continues to raise awareness and funds for its mission. For more information or to learn how to get involved, see http://www.womensstrikeforce.org/.