Catherine brings to IFCG and its Advisors a wealth of experience and expertise in the Actuarial field.
Toronto, On (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Another first for IFCG and the insurance industry!
IFCG…..always looking to put the clients interest first by supporting the Independent Advisor with tools, knowledge and expertise to assist their clients to make the best informed decision for their insurance and financial needs.
With today’s ever changing climate of product design, complexity and structure, it is often difficult to analyze products based upon illustrations, client bonuses, fees, loads and contract wording etc. IFCG felt, by having a professional Actuary in-house to support IFCG and advisors in analyzing products which will allow you to present thorough, accountable, sound recommendations and products based on your client’s needs which have been analyzed & reviewed by a professional Actuary would provide beneficial comfort and confidence the recommendation put forth to your clients is sound.
IFCG is therefore, extremely pleased to announce Catherine MacRae, FSA, FCIA will be consulting with IFCG effective September 2013. Catherine brings to IFCG and its Advisors a wealth of experience and expertise in the Actuarial field.
Stay tuned and watch for a new product/service - IFCG Certified
A passionate and results oriented Consulting Actuary with 10+ years of experience in estate and financial planning as it relates to the individual life insurance business. Catherine works with many high-end advisors, helping them position their life insurance product selection for their affluent clients. As a member of Manulife’s Professional Services Team (PST), she worked with Manulife Elite advisors, helping them position their product selection for their affluent clients. Bringing to light unique product features or pricing opportunities within a product class, Catherine helps advisors best position themselves in today’s competitive landscape.
Catherine follows the advisor throughout the sales process, tapping the resources of the other professionals or insurance companies’ Head Office staff where they can be of value in resolving issues (product, reinsurance, tax or underwriting) that could be a barrier in closing a sale.
Catherine attends client and third party meetings, bringing her professional credentials and support for resolving technical issues, raised by any party, (lawyers, accountants etc.), who may have been brought into the sales process.
Catherine is a frequent speaker at such events as MGA professional development days, CALU’s annual meeting and private client dinners.
- Published in Benefits and Pension Monitor and Benefits Canada magazines
- Was a member of the Ontario Regional Council of CPBI
- Taught for both Humber and Seneca College on pension and benefits
- Was a member of the CIA Committee on Economic Statistics
- Ran the United Way campaign for the Pension & Benefits department at KPMG
- Volunteered many times for Habitat of Humanity on 2 different build sites
- Raised funds and I am the poster “girl” (brochure) for the first rural housing build for Places for People
Schooling: A graduate of University of Western Ontario, studying mathematics
Designations: BSc., FCIA, FSA, FLMI, CFP, CLU
Places of Employment
- AVP, Actuarial Consultant for Manulife Financial for 10+ years
- Manager, Pension Consulting KPMG for 10+ years
- Government, private industry and insurance doing underwriting, product development and pension plan actuarial valuations