If you are a designer, an architect, a furniture entrepreneur, an executive in charge of furniture purchasing for real estate projects, hotels and resorts, this is an event you don’t want to miss.
(PRWEB) August 06, 2013
The Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP), the Ministry of Commerce, has once again joined partnership with the Thai Furniture Industries Association (TFA) and the Thai Furniture Industry Club (TFIC) of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) in organizing Thailand’s grandest furniture fair of the year and one of the most foremost in Asia in terms of design and creativity – the Thailand International Furniture Fair 2014 or TIFF 2014. If you are a designer, an architect, a furniture entrepreneur, an executive in charge of furniture purchasing for real estate projects, hotels and resorts, this is an event you don’t want to miss.
The event will feature over 200 top furniture makers from Thailand and overseas, and the Small Order OK (SOOK) policy will be in place to welcome buyers with specific needs and with small orders. With the SOOK policy, you can make your niche orders with specialized requirements, and of course, in small orders the way you need them. This policy has proven to be popular among niche market customers such as boutique hotels or resorts, as well as contract projects.
TIFF 2014 will be held from March 12th-16th, 2014, on a grand venue of over 30,000 sq.m. at IMPACT Muang Thong Thani. During the first three days (Trade Days), March 12th-14th, the event will be open from 10.00 to 18.00, while during the last two days (Retail Days), March 15th-16th, the event will be open from 10.00 to 21.00.
In addition to a fascinating kaleidoscope of quality furniture items, visitors to TIFF 2014 will also marvel at the following highlights and more.
- ‘T-Style Project’ exhibition by world-renowned Japanese designer Toshiyuki Kita will feature various furniture items specially designed for the Japanese market. Selected furniture designs will be further developed into actual furniture products to be displayed at the ‘Living & Design’ exhibition in Osaka, Japan.
- ‘Design Excellence Award’. This exhibition showcases award-winning creative design pieces by Thai designers which have previously won the prestigious ‘DEmark 2013’ contest. The contest is held with the belief that good design can significantly add value to products, which then translates into growth in sales and increased competitiveness. This year, all furniture items are designed under the theme of ‘Release Your Creativity’ – which underlines the power of the new generation in helping to care for the environment.
- ‘Amercan Hardwood Design Camp’, now in its 6th year, presents a host of selected furniture designs by furniture design students from various Thai universities who aspire to become budding designers.
- ‘Waste to Wealth’ exhibition. This year’s 4th Waste to Wealth exhibition aims to promote better and even more sustainable waste management. Spearheaded by Dr. Singha Intarachuto, Thailand’s renowned waste material designer, the project specializes in adding value and turning seemingly waste materials into distinctively designed furniture and home decorative items.
TIFF 2014 Fact Sheet
Project Name: 18th Thailand International Furniture Fair: TIFF 2014
Show Period: Trade Days: March 12th-14th, 2014 (10.00 – 18.00)
Retail Days: March 15th-16th, 2014 (10.00 – 21.00)
Show Venue: Challenger 2-3, IMPACT Muang Thong Thani, covering 30,000 sq.m. of exhibition area
The Department of International Trade
The Ministry of Commerce
44/100, Nonthaburi 1 Road, Bang Kra Sor, Muang, Nonthaburi 11000
Tel: 0 2507 8363, 0 2507 8361, 0 2507 8364, 0 25078366
Fax: 0 2547 4281, 0 2547 4266
- The Thai Furniture Industry Club (TFIC) of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI)
Tel: 0 2345 1269 – 70 / Fax: 0 2345 1281 – 83
- The Thai Furniture Industries Association (TFA)
Tel: 0 2973 3411 – 2 / Fax:0 2973 3413
1. To build an image for Thailand as the hub of furniture production and export in the region by expanding the scope of the show to cater more to the needs of international customers.
2. To be a platform for international buyers and Thai furniture producers to meet which will result in the expansion of Thailand’s furniture export value and volume.
3. To stimulate Thai furniture makers to constantly improve and remain innovative at all time.
4. To promote Thailand as the center of trade and trade shows in the region.
Exhibitors: Furniture makers, furniture entrepreneurs, furniture parts suppliers and home accessories providers from all around Thailand and beyond.
Target Visitors: Trade Days: Businesspeople from Japan, China, the United States, India, Hong Kong and ASEAN
Retail Days: General public
Exhibited Items: Furniture items of all varieties, including parts, home decorative items and related products
1. ‘T-Style Project’ exhibition
2. ‘DEmark 2014’ exhibition
3. ‘Waste to Wealth’ exhibition
4. ‘American Hardwood Design Camp’
No. of Exhibitors in TIFF 2014 (estimated)
No of exhibitors: 200 companies in 750 booths
Participating Countries: Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Taiwan, Korea, Canada and the European Union
Exhibition Space: 30,000 square metres
No. of Visitors: 20,000
No. of Trade Day Visitors: 4,500
No. of Retail Day Visitors: 15,500
Origin of Overseas Visitors: Japan, Malaysia, India, China, the United States, Hong Kong and ASEAN Japan, the United States, the European Union, India, the Middle East, Africa, Canada, Austria and ASEAN