Washington, DC (PRWEB) August 02, 2013
Less than 100 days from the launch of health insurance exchanges, health insurers should prioritize their to-do list based on operational risk. In an upcoming Aug. 13 co-hosted webinar from Atlantic Information Services and Gorman Health Group (GHG) -- “Exchange Operational Readiness Check: Is Your Health Plan Ready?” -- a veteran insurance executive and a nationally respected health care consultant will detail practical steps insurers must take to be ready for open enrollment in the new health care marketplaces.
Aaron Eaton, chief development officer at GHG, and John Janney, senior vice president of health care reform implementation and transformation at Independence Blue Cross, walk through an operational readiness checklist for health plan executives, employee benefits specialists, consulting firms and third-party administrators before the Oct. 1 open enrollment date. In 60 minutes of presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will get valuable insights on key issues such as:
- How can plans find and reach new exchange customers — and grab their attention quickly?
- How can plans develop a multipronged strategy to continually train, update and inform employees?
- How quickly and accurately can a risk-adjustment system identify sicker patients — and pass them onto care management and disease management operations?
- How can plans make sure their system will identify discrepancies in enrollment and premium payments before they cause downstream problems across the organization?
- Are plans prepared to manage and reconcile data for the Cost Sharing Reduction program?
- How can plans develop a comprehensive onboarding process that will adequately prepare front-line sales forces?
- What other pitfalls should plans be watching for as Oct. 1 approaches?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3rg34_081313 for more details and registration information.
AIS has partnered with GHG on an exclusive series of webinars designed to deliver timely and meaningful information the government health care industry needs to implement health reform. From expert analysis on the latest regulatory updates to war stories and best practices, these webinars will provide the tools and guidance necessary to transform regulatory policy into operational reality.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.
About Gorman Health Group
Gorman Health Group (GHG) is a national health care professional services and software company staffed by subject-matter experts, former health plan executives and seasoned regulators. For more than 16 years, hundreds of clients serving millions of beneficiaries have leveraged the strategic counsel and technology solutions of GHG to maintain compliant operations, improve market position and advance growth objectives. Learn more at http://www.gormanhealthgroup.com.