Delano, MN (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Landscape Structures Inc., a Delano, Minn.-based commercial playground equipment manufacturer, announced today that they will once again offer the Parks and Recreation State Association Speaker Scholarship program. The 2013-2014 program will support the appearances of speakers at state parks and recreation associations’ annual or regional conferences.
State associations that are chosen will receive a scholarship of up to $2,500 to support conference speakers whose messages are focused on topics related to play, environmental stewardship or other professional development topics. Scholarship applications will be accepted from Aug. 1, 2013 to July 31, 2014, and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
This is the fifth year that Landscape Structures has offered this program to state park and recreation associations. The 2012-2013 program provided scholarships to the following associations:
- Arizona Recreation & Park Association
- Colorado Parks & Recreation Association
- Connecticut Recreation & Park Association
- Florida Recreation & Park Association
- Indiana Parks & Recreation Association
- Kansas Recreation & Park Association
- Massachusetts Recreation & Park Association
- Michigan Recreation & Park Association
- New England Parks Association
- New Mexico Recreation & Park Association
- New York State Recreation & Park Society
- North Carolina Recreation & Park Association
- North Dakota Recreation & Park Association
- Northern New England Conference
- Oklahoma Recreation & Park Society
- Pennsylvania Recreation & Park Society
- Rhode Island Recreation & Park Association
- South Dakota Parks & Recreation Association
- Vermont Recreation & Park Association
“We are excited to be able to offer this scholarship program to state parks and recreation associations,” said Lynn Pinoniemi, director of marketing at Landscape Structures. “These associations and their members are doing great work, and as a result, creating thriving communities. The scholarship program is just one way that we can help these professionals reach their goals, and we’re proud to do so.”
To complete an application for Landscape Structures’ 2013-2014 State Association Speaker Scholarship, visit playlsi.com/2013Scholarship.
Since 1971, Landscape Structures Inc. has been the leading manufacturer of commercial playground equipment in the world. The employee-owned company is committed to creating a better world by encouraging outdoor activities that develop healthy kids, families and communities. Landscape Structures designs better playgrounds that welcome all ages and abilities, become signature gathering spaces for communities and offer the most innovative play experiences. The company’s mission from day one has been to enhance children’s lives by fostering and creating inspiring play experiences while honoring the environment.