I attribute 50% of my success developing FollowTrueNorth.com to a supportive community environment I found within artist circles, from fellow entrepreneurs, and my mentors.
Meridian, Idaho (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Inspired by her younger sister’s positive attitude facing cancer at 17, MBA Shannon Etnyre dropped the corporate grind to encourage others to seek passion & purpose, embracing their creativity through her creative business incubator.
Etnyre says of her sister, Emily Santilli, “Emily’s strength & determination to ‘live life every day’ really began to resonate with me as I approached year 10 of my career in Corporate Finance; even though I loved finance and business planning, I didn’t feel as though I was helping anyone in a meaningful way in a Corporate Finance position. I felt disconnected & uninspired”.
Etnyre later partnered with her sister, Emily Santilli, & Shannon’s initial idea to drive passion has evolved into a substantial incubator platform combining her love for art & her skills in Finance, offering the business tools, templates, and resources to right-brained thinkers to become successful entrepreneurs. Emily still works closely with Shannon, but has now gone on to start a business of her own, Marketing By Em, at age 22.
Etnyre notes, "I attribute 50% of my success developing FollowTrueNorth.com to a supportive community environment I found within my immediate circle & others who are in various stages of a similar path to finding their very own ‘True North’. I thought, if I can create this same environment & provide the ‘secrets’ Fortune companies use in business planning, coupled with a discussion forum manned with a business expert, there’s really no reason not to succeed."
In order to fully support the online incubator environment, Etnyre has developed detailed business e-guidebooks, online workshops, templates & forms, to assist creative entrepreneurs in developing a “working” business plan. The content is meant to encourage individual growth, idea development, community; all while challenging comfort zones and identifying strengths to build upon.
True North also seeks to address the paralyzing “now what?” Often entrepreneurs are left to fend for themselves once their business plan is complete. Through online business to-do lists, easy to use management tools, and a community forum to assist those who are looking for further direction “after the plan”, all angles are covered. In addition, members can also opt to receive one-on-one strategy sessions, on-going coaching, or have the True North team write the business plan for them.
This platform wouldn’t really be valuable unless it was accessible. Memberships are reasonably priced (monthly rates are 50-75% less than average hourly consulting rates), come with access to all business planning materials, guidebooks, resources, and tools and include access to the discussion forum manned by experienced business management professionals (a virtual 24/7 consultant) who are waiting to answer any questions and give direction.
Etnyre’s idea has already drawn a lot of attention online in the creative community & even locally in the Treasure Valley of Idaho. The FollowTrueNorth.com blog has over 20 contributors from all over the world, adding additional value by sharing their own unique experiences and perspectives in their own creative entrepreneur experiences. Topics range from business and life coaching, to social media, marketing, non-profits, crowd-funding, publishing, art licensing, graphic design, restaurant management, apparel, accounting, networking, illustration, animation, video strategy, photography and much more.
- Alicia Vanderschuere from RosieMade.com, Champion For Women Entrepreneurs
- Ann Marie from LiveLifeWonderful.com, Creative Champion, Artist & Truth Teller
- Brandon Wright author of ReDesign, Author & Entrepreneur
- Bryan Niven from BryanNivenProductions.com, Commercial Photographer & Digital Artist
- Constance Mueller Rawlins from LivingWithinYourHarvest.com, CPA & Artist
- Chef Corey Fair from ButcherBakerStore.com, Executive Chef & Maker of Fine Foodie-Wares
- Emily Santilli from Marketing By Em, Blogger, Ghost-Poster, & Facebook Expert
- Jennifer Borek from KannaLLC.com, Jewelry Artist & Project Manager
- Jessica Brogan from SparkTheCircle.com, Writer, Sparkler of Women’s’ Circles & Gatherer
- Joanna Otten from TwistedWhimsyDesigns.com, Graphic Designer & Jewelry Maker
- Maryanna Young from AlohaPublishing.com, Author & Publisher
- Megan Ball from BuckAndLibby.com, Artist, Illustrator, & Do-What-You-Love Enthusiast
- Michelle Andres from MichelleAndresArt.com, Coach, Writer, Artist, & Teacher
- Rachel Payne from CreativityTribe.com, Creative Community Facilitator
- Rosebill Satha from JARDSProducts.Wordpress.com, Community Leaders & HIV/AIDS Activist
- Shannon Etnyre from FollowTrueNorth.com, Business Consultant, Author, & Connector
- Tim Schmoyer from VideoCreators.com, Video Strategy Genius
- Dennis J Smith from DennisJSmith.com, Social Media Man
- Ursula Smith from EasyScraps.com & CreativeClearinghouse.com, Stamper & Software Developer
- Vivienne McMaster from VivienneMcMasterPhotography.com, Photographer & Storyteller
- Pamela Thompson from Animation World, Speaker, Career Coach, Writer & Animation Veteran
Other Important Collaborations to Note:
- Epipheo developed & produced True North’s explanation video
- Christine from DarlingStudio.com designed True North’s branding
- Project Zen Online developed True North’s Drupal Platform
True North is launching a series of specials and discounts throughout their first month. Go to http://www.followtruenorth.com for more information.
# # #
For more information about this project, or to schedule an interview with Shannon Etnyre, contact Shannon Etnyre at hello(at)followtruenorth(dot)com or call 208.484.0649.