If our safety promotion campaigns are able to give enough power to riders where one person avoids catastrophic injury or death, we will be more than satisfied with our efforts.
(PRWEB) August 01, 2013
Kiley Law Group, LLC, a motorcycle accident law firm based in Massachusetts, has released a motorcycle safety checklist to help prevent motorcycle injury accidents. The checklist includes basic safety precautions such as prompting riders to wear helmets as well as in-depth instruction regarding nuts, bolts, gaskets, brake pad, and other information pertaining to motorcycle mechanical functions to ensure safe riding for Massachusetts bike owners.
Tom Kiley Sr., Kiley Law Group, LLC founder and motorcycle enthusiast, has been working with motorcycle riders to promote safety and injury compensation for several decades. “Although many motorcycle riders do more than enough to ensure the safety of themselves and their rides, there are still a large number of those who are unaware of the potential impact of failing to ensure that their rides are operating safely. Generally, riders are aware of the dangers that other drivers pose to their health, but when riders are asked what types of safety precautions they can take to ensure safe travels, the answers are very limited.
“We hope that our safety checklist will provide riders with more ways to protect themselves and their loved ones. The fact is, the vast majority of motorcycle collisions in Massachusetts are a result of automobile drivers being unaware of motorcyclists on the road. If our safety promotion campaigns are able to give enough power to riders where one person avoids catastrophic injury or death, we will be more than satisfied with our efforts,” said Attorney Kiley.
Motorcycle Safety Checklist Provided by Kiley Law Group, LLC
Before deciding to take your motorcycle anywhere, riders are advised to consider the following:
- All fluids are topped off and at the recommended levels.
- All of the bike lights are working.
- Ensure each spoke is snug and wheel alignment is set.
- When using a chain-driver bike, ensure correct tension.
- Inspect the engine for loose bolts and nuts as well as any other potential hazards
- Ensure the throttle linkage does not have any sticking points or hitches.
- Ensure the clutch and brake cables are operating smoothly.
- Use a terminal brush to clean battery clamps as well as terminals.
- Inspect entire bike for excessive wear or uneven performance.
- Do not settle for worn yet comfortable equipment if it poses a risk.
- Consider safety courses in your community. No rider wants to participate in a safety course, but studies show that they can greatly reduce a person’s likelihood of a collision.
About Kiley Law Group, LLC
Kiley Law Group has been a highly-regarded personal injury law firm throughout Massachusetts for decades. Tom Kiley Sr. has been labeled as the “million dollar man” by the Boston Globe and has helped obtain millions of dollars for his injury clients. Those who have suffered injuries as a result of a motorcycle collision are advised to contact an experienced attorney.
To speak with an experienced Massachusetts motorcycle accident attorney, call 800-410-2769 or visit Tom Kiley's website and fill out their contact form. Each caller is provided with a free confidential case evaluation.