San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) August 01, 2013
GigaOM, a global technology media company, today announced the finalists of the Structure:Europe 2013 LaunchPad competition recognizing the most-promising startups in cloud computing, internet infrastructure and data. The 10 finalists below were chosen from 84 submissions for their groundbreaking technologies and business models.
- Cloud 66 is application management as a service that combines the convenience of platform as a service with the flexibility and control of infrastructure as a service.
- cloudbase.io is a cloud backend as a service for mobile developers. There is also an enterprise middleware edition for deployment on a private cloud or internally.
- ECmanaged is a multi-cloud management tool enabling users to take full control of their cloud platforms from implementation to the management phase.
- Lunacloud is a pure-play cloud services provider that delivers reliable, elastic and low cost infrastructure services.
- Tresorit is an encrypted cloud storage tool, designed to share and sync confidential data.
- SaltStack is fast, scalable software for big infrastructure automation and configuration management.
- SecludIT has developed Elastic Security, a set of products and services specifically designed for securing cloud infrastructure.
- import.io is a data browser that turns the web into organized and useable data without writing any code.
- Stackdriver Intelligent Monitoring combines a two-minute setup, intuitive UI, and advanced analytics to streamline the process of finding and fixing issues in cloud-powered applications.
- Waymate makes travel planning simple and fast by searching and comparing the time, duration and price of various transport options in one easy-to-read timeline.
Startups that have launched in the past three years and raised less than US $3 million in funding were eligible to apply for the Structure:Europe Startup Zone. The GigaOM editorial team selected 24 companies to take part in a demo showcase and attend a private event with GigaOM founder Om Malik and senior writers Barb Darrow and Katie Fehrenbacher. Of those 24 companies, 10 finalists will go head-to-head in a LaunchPad competition on the conference main stage and a winner will be selected by the Structure:Europe audience.
Structure:Europe, taking place September 18-19 in London, is an extension of GigaOM’s flagship conference series on cloud computing and big data. Leading technology executives whose businesses are powered by the cloud and who set the standards for innovation in cloud and big data will take the stage, including:
- Matt Mullenweg, WordPress
- Tim Bell, CERN
- Nigel Beighton, Rackspace
- David Fullager, Netflix
- Frank Frankovsky, Facebook
- Ulf Ewaldsson, Ericsson
- John Foreman, MailChimp
- Lew Cirne, New Relic
- Maryline Lengert, European Space Agency
- Nnamdi Orakwue, Dell
- Barak Regev, Google Enterprise
- Michael Abbott, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Margaret Dawson, HP
- Joe Baguley, VMware
See the full list of speakers here.
Event attendees will receive a complimentary GigaOM Research Sector RoadMap™ report and will have access to exclusive mapping sessions led by GigaOM Research analysts. Discounted supersaver tickets are available through August 16. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#structureeurope) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced.
Some of the most influential companies in cloud computing have already lined up to sponsor Structure:Europe, including Acunu, Aspera, CloudBees, cloudControl, Data Direct Networks, GreenQloud, HGST, Nuage Networks, Open Data Center Alliance, Rackspace and SoftLayer. Sponsorships are expected to sell out early. Contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or +1 415 235 0358 to learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
About GigaOM Events
GigaOM events bring the people and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage. Through a combination of strong editorial content and face time with technology innovators, GigaOM events give attendees the tools they need to capitalize on emerging trends.