Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) August 05, 2013
On August 5, Bellucci Premium reacts to an article by The Daily Meal that describes the myths behind olive oil.
According to the article by The Daily Meal published on July 30th titled “7 Myths About Olive Oil,” there is a lack of knowledge regarding the benefits and history of this valuable commodity.
The article shares these 5 myths you need to know about olive oil:
- If the oil freezes it is extra virgin- Not only does extra virgin olive oil solidify when it is chilled but so do a lot of other oils that have a particular fatty acid profile.
- You can’t fry with Olive oil- Olive oil is great for light frying. Olive oil has a smoke point around 468 degrees so it really depends on what you are frying.
- Light or extra virgin means it has fewer calories- This term refers to the taste and how the olive oil was made not the calories in each serving.
- Green olive oil is not a good thing- It is uncommon for consumers to see olive oil in different colors unless it has been infused with herbs. “But olive oil isn't just an oil — it's a juice, and if you think of it as a juice, a green coloration isn't so unusual,” says the article. The color can vary depending on the olive used and the date it was harvested.
- Pure olive oil is better than extra virgin- This myth is false. Extra virgin is actually the most refined olive oil you can purchase.
Natalie Sexenian, Marketing Manager for Tuscan olive oil producer Bellucci Premium says that there are a lot of myths associated with olive oil. “Since there is such a large issue in this industry with brands mislabeling olive oil, consumers don’t know who to really trust and what is actually the best type of olive oil,” she says. “Make sure you always research the type of olive oil you’re looking for. The difference between oil from regions can make a big difference as well as why kind of olive oil it is such as pure, light or extra virgin.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Tuscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.