There is an array of new tech tools that can help propel a student to a more successful school year! It’s important to know the tech trends so your school budget is spent on the products that can produce the most results over time.
West Palm Beach, FL (PRWEB) August 12, 2013
With summer vacation winding down, the U.S. Census Bureau expects close to 80 million children and adults heading back to the classroom. Total school spending this year is targeted at over 70 billion with 8 billion for electronics. Emmy Winning Tech and Trends expert Brett Larson looked at some products and trends that should be on the radar for back to school shopping this year.
August is the month when most schools start the new school year and purchasing the right supplies can determine how prepared a student will be for class. “There is an array of new tech tools that can help propel a student to a more successful school year!” says Emmy Award winning Tech and Trends reporter Brett Larson, and host of KillerApps.TV. “Do your research online for not only the best price, but look for the tech that will grow with you throughout the year”.
Children, teens and young adults are already very familiar with technology while staying in touch with friends and playing games, but a lot of this same technology can also be very helpful for learning and staying on track in school. What teachers once thought were distractions in the classroom are now being integrated into their curriculum. “It’s important to know the tech trends so your school budget is spent on the products that can produce the most results over time.” says Larson.
Here are the 5 featured “Killer Apps” to check out for Back to School 2013.
1. VTech. The InnoTab 3S, the next generation of one of the first children’s learning tablets with Wi-Fi, features VTech Kid Connect – an exclusive communication app that allows kids to be connected with their parents and friends through both tablet-to-mobile and tablet-to-tablet communication, a rechargeable battery pack with AC adapter and a kid-safe web browser. In addition, access to VTech’s Learning Lodge app store – home to a plethora of downloadable content and curriculum – plus 20 free apps, provides kids with a bright start on their learning journey. Visit http://www.vtechkids.com for more information.
2. Smartphone. Today’s smartphones and mobile devices are getting a lot smarter, faster and can do so much more than the devices students have used in the past. However, you need to find one with the processing speed, power and battery longevity to take full advantage of all its capabilities. Check out the new HTC One and Samsung Galaxy 4 for some of the fastest processing speeds. Search your favorite network provider for more information.
3. Chromebooks are easy-to-use, lightweight laptops that run the popular Google operating system. Their portability and ease of use make them perfect for youngsters just learning how to use technology in the classroom. The Chromebook is a great additional computer for home, as everyone in the family can have separate account to store their data. Starting at $249, Samsung, HP and Acer all offer Chromebooks, and you can find them in Staples stores across the country or online at http://www.staples.com.
4. Carbonite. Carbonite automatically backs up computer files whenever the computer is connected to the internet, and features Anytime, Anywhere Access, so users can remotely access their protected files from any internet-connected device, including computers, smartphones and tablets, using an internet browser or the free Carbonite Mobile app. For your worry-free back up plan visit http://www.carbonite.com
5. Keurig MINI Plus Brewer. A must-have dorm accessory, the stylish and compact Keurig® MINI Plus Brewer delivers gourmet beverages at the push of a button. With over 250 K-Cup® varieties to choose from, including coffee, tea, iced beverages and more, college students can choose their perfect beverage for a jumpstart on the day, an afternoon pick-me-up or a late-night study session. The Keurig MINI Plus is available in a wide array of colors so you can select a brewer that matches your personality or compliments your new comforter. Visit http://www.keurig.com for more information.
To find more information about everything featured, visit “Killer Apps” at http://www.killerapps.tv
About News Media Group, Inc.
News Media Group, Inc. produces original programming about the hottest new technology and trends hitting the market through the KillerApps.TV website. They produce a number of Satellite Media Tours and Ground Media Tours that fit the media calendar throughout the year to introduce TV and Radio station audiences to the latest tech products and applications. Visit http://www.newsmg.com
News Media Group, Inc.