Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) August 12, 2013
On August 12, NewVo Beauty reacts to an article by TeleManagement that describes the types and treatments of hair loss.
According to the article by TeleManagement published on July 28th titled “Health Topics: Types and Causes of Hair Loss,” there are many different types of hair loss, some of which are hereditary and other caused by stress. The term alopecia is used throughout the article, referring to hair loss or baldness in an area of the body where hair is normally present.
The article shares these 7 types of hair loss:
- Androgenic Alopecia- 95% of men suffer from this type of hair loss. It involves the thinning and loss of hair from the front to the back of the scalp.
- Alopecia Areata - An auto-immune disorder which causes hair follicles to stop producing hair. This type is often sudden.
- Telogen effluvium - A type of hair loss that can occur about 2 to 3 months after a major period of stress.
- Tinea capitis - A fungus infection that causes the hair to break off at the scalp and cause the scalp to flake.
- Traumatic Alopecia - hair loss that occurs from traumatic events such as extreme heat, strong chemical, and pulling of hair.
- Drug side effects - Some medications have hair loss as a side effect. The hair will normally grow back after the medication is not being taken anymore.
- Symptoms of medical illness - Hair loss is also a symptom of many medical illnesses. Some of these illnesses include lupus, thyroid disorder, and nutritional problems.
All of the types of hair loss listed demonstrate alopecia, but some are permanent and some are temporary. Normal hair shedding is about 50-100 hairs per day. When hair shedding starts to occur in large amounts one should seek medical attention from a dermatologist.
Sara Greenstone, representative for online beauty supply store NewVo Beauty says that hair loss is a very common problem. “The issue with some hair loss is that it can be prevented,” she says. “If it is not genetic then the issue is either stress or in some cases dry scalp. Try using products that are a little less harsh on hair. Chemical or sulfate-free products like Pureology are easier on the scalp which is the source of hair loss.”
NewVo Beauty sells over 5,000 professional beauty salon products. Committed to providing quality, hard-to-find premium products and great service, NewVo Beauty offers high-demand salon merchandise at affordable prices. They’re available 24/7 to answer any queries to ensure customers have a great buying experience.