“We have a great line up of eco-responsible design case studies for this series,” says curriculum developer Thomas M. Simmons.
Oakland, CA (PRWEB) August 06, 2013
Eco-Responsible Design 2030, the 2013 DesignRealized 8-Part Continuing Education Series, will begin on Tuesday, September 10, at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern, with a session on Inside LEED Platinum: KAUST Library and Campus. This program will explore a new graduate-level research university for scientists studying groundbreaking sustainable technologies – King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia’s desert climate.
Speaker Donald Cremers, CID, LEED AP, Senior Designer with HOK San Francisco, will focus on the heart of the university, a 139,990 SF academic library. He will cover the sustainable strategies employed to achieve LEED Platinum certification for this building as well as the entire 5.5 million SF campus.
“We have a great line up of eco-responsible design case studies for this series,” says curriculum developer Thomas M. Simmons. “Participants will also hear about some very interesting sustainable strategies such as straw-bale construction and the role inhabitants play in maintaining sustainability.”
Topics for the other seven courses in the Eco-Responsible Design 2030 Series are:
- Getting to Zero: The David & Lucille Packard Foundation, featuring EHDD, on September 24
- SFJAZZ: Achieving Sustainability within Performance Spaces, featuring Mark Cavagnero, FAIA, on October 8
- Carbon Neutral Buildings Require Eco-Responsible Inhabitants, featuring HOK San Francisco, on October 22
- Sequestering Carbon with Straw-Bale Construction, featuring Arkin Tilt Architects, on November 5
- Fast & Green: Opal Cliffs Case Study for Soquel Union School District, featuring Weston Miles Architects, on November 19
- Deep Energy Reduction Case Study of an Existing Residence, featuring AIM Associates, on December 3
- Net-Zero Schools: Communicating Benefits & Value to Stakeholders, featuring DLR Group, on December 17
DesignRealized continuing education programs are developed by the LearnVirtual development team. LearnVirtual specializes in the design and implementation of training programs for AEC professionals. With an emphasis on online learning, LearnVirtual empowers individuals and companies with professional skills and industry intelligence that can be applied in everyday work environments.