We are very happy to be working with EVER and provide complimentary copies to attendees of the EVER Congress
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 13 August 2013
EVER is the leading ophthalmological research association in Europe, which covers all areas of ophthalmology and the visual sciences. EVER currently has members from 48 countries all over the world and is represented by 11 scientific sections, ranging from epidemiology to optics, the cornea to the retina, and immunology to genetics.
The media agreement will mean enhanced exposure of touchOPHTHALMOLOGYs online portal as well as the portfolio of peer-reviewed journals made up of concise, cutting-edge reviews, written by some of the most respected physicians in the world. The topics are governed by an independent Editorial Board of key opinion leaders, including Constantin J. Pournaras, FARVO, Associate Professor and Head of the Vitreo-Retinal Unit, Department of Ophthalmology, Geneva University Hospital, Switzerland and President Elect of EVER, and Lene Martin MD, PhD, Chair Professor in Care Sciences at the School of Health and Welfare, Mälardalen University, Sweden and EVER member, as part of their on-going commitment to help educate physicians on the latest developments in the treatments of ophthalmic disorders.
Barney Kent, Managing Director of Touch Medical Media, said: “This agreement with EVER will give our print and online peer-reviewed content a greater level of exposure across Europe and continue to enable time-pressured physicians to stay abreast of key advances and opinion in ophthalmic practice. We are very happy to be working with EVER and provide complimentary copies to attendees of the EVER Congress.”
All articles published in the journals are free-to-access online as well as in print, at http://www.touchophthalmology.com. The website also now contains a host of rich media including carefully selected video presentations from key thought leaders. Physicians can also subscribe to the monthly Scientific eNewsletter, which showcases the latest articles and videos from touchOPHTHALMOLOGY.
Note to Editors
- touchOPHTHALMOLOGY (a division of Touch Medical Media) provides independent, cutting-edge, peer-reviewed content from world renowned physicians, designed to lead the debate on health and to engage, inform, and support physicians in improving patient outcomes globally.
- touchOPHTHALMOLOGY.com provides an international platform for peer-reviewed content from industry-leading journals alongside other carefully selected sources and aims to support physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity within the field of ophthalmology.
- The portfolio of peer-reviewed journals, European Ophthalmic Review and US Ophthalmic Review comprise of concise review articles which are designed to keep busy physicians up-to-date with the latest developments in their field and serve as a key reference resource for the international ophthalmic community.
- EVER, European Association for Vision and Eye Research, is an International non-profit association, formed in agreement with the Belgian Law. EVER is the leading ophthalmological research association in Europe, which covers all areas of ophthalmology and the visual sciences.
- EVER currently has over 850 members from 48 countries all over the world and represented by 11 scientific sections, ranging from epidemiology to optics, the cornea to the retina, and immunology to genetics. One of the main activities of EVER is the organizing of a high quality research meeting held every October at a location chosen for its easy and economical access, particularly for younger members, and its agreeable autumn climate. Central events include special interest symposia within the various sections and many keynote lectures, which attract prominent speakers. The congress is attended by delegates from all over the world. EVER collaborates closely with several societies in the same field and they convene annually with EVER.
- Touch Medical Media
Barney Kent, Managing Director
Tel: +44 207 399 009
- European Association for Vision and Eye Research (EVER)
Marlene Verlaeckt, Chief Executive
Tel: + 32 16 233 849