Union, WA (PRWEB) August 08, 2013
Throughout August, Alderbrook Resort & Spa is hosting a variety of activities that pay tribute to the canal’s pristine waters, recreational parks, Olympic Mountains and exquisite sense of adventure. Rooted back to pioneers like Teddy Roosevelt who made exploring the great outdoors a fashionable pastime and paved the way for destinations like Hood Canal to gain notoriety as the go-to place for a vacation in Washington State, Alderbrook is providing a perfect opportunity for families, couples and individuals to enjoy an adventurous summer getaway.
The historic NW resort, located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland, has family-friendly and special activities planned throughout August including:
- August 3rd (Saturday) – HOOD(S)TROLL: Located at Hood Canal Marina starts at 2:00 p.m. Featuring Black Market Revue, enjoy a musical boat parade aboard the Lady Alderbrook! Tickets are $30 and all proceeds benefit the historic McReavy House. Call us at 360.898.1717 for reservations.
- August 30th (Friday) - Long Live the Kings Movie Night: Enjoy a film featuring on-the-ground reporting from places across the country that are at the forefront of implementing promising new approaches to ocean and coastal management. Located in our Mount Washington Room at 6PM, no reservations required but donations for admission suggested.
- Kayak Classes (Mondays-Fridays): Don’t let the Hood Canal’s beauty keep you gazing from the shore! Try joining in on a Kayak class from the Alderbrook staff. Classes leave the dock from 10:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Mondays in August- Alderbrook Art: Bring out your inner artist and enjoy an evening of art and appreciation of the Hood Canal’s natural beauty on the waterfront lawn. Art supplies and instruction from local Art Instructor, Rob Kamin will be provided from 5:00-7:00 p.m. Space is limited; based on a first come-first serve basis.
- Wednesdays in August- Clam Bake: What could be more delicious than fresh clams grilled to perfection? Join us for classic clam bake on our cottage lawn from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Thursdays in August- Golf with a Pro: Learn the basics of how to perfect your swing from Alderbrook Golf Pros on our waterfront or cottage lawn from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Fridays in August- Crab Catch: Become an expert on identifying whether your catch is a keeper and learn how to properly bait and drop a crab pot from 4:00-5:00 p.m. on our dock.
- Fridays in August- Root Beer Float Welcome Reception: Start the weekend right with a root beer float welcome reception! Enjoy locally made ice cream from Olympic Mountain Ice Cream in our lobby from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Sundays in August- Local Artisan Showcase: Admire the artistic creations and take home authentic souvenirs made by local artisans from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in our restaurant breezeway.
To correspond with August’s on-property events and activities, the relaxing, pet-friendly resort is offering several special spa and accommodation packages perfect for an ideal Washington State vacation:
- New Spa Specials: Guests are invited to relax and rejuvenate with one of the many new spa treatments available at Alderbrook’s Spa. Ranging from a Day of Indulgence, to Poolside Pampering and Couples Retreats, the Spa has an array of treatments that will make any vacation or staycation unforgettable.
- Tuesdays in August- Spa Workshop: Join us in the Resort Spa from 4:00-5:00 p.m. to learn a few simple tips and tricks for at-home relaxation and rejuvenation.
- August 6 and 20- Pampered Paws Dog Massage Class: After a long day playing in the canal, show man’s best friend a little bit of love and appreciation. Meet us on the courtyard lawn from 4:00-5:00 p.m. to learn some easy at-home tips for a divine doggy massage.
- August 13- Food Healing Smoothie Making: Relaxing at Alderbrook may heal the mind and soul, but the body requires TLC from the inside out. Relax at the Spa Fireplace from 4:00-5:00 p.m. for an informative (and tasty!) class on easy food and drinks for a happy, healed self.
- Kids Play Free: Book a stay Sunday through Thursday in August to receive complimentary activities for kids 12 and under.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about the accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page on AlderbrookResort.com or call (360) 898-2200.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.