Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) August 09, 2013
On August 9, Bellucci Premium details the best alternative ways to use olive oil.
According to an article titled “10 Ancient Uses of Olive Oil,” published by Epoch Times on August 4th, olive oil is a product that has been used for centuries for its health benefits. Olive oil, which is a key ingredient in the now renowned Mediterranean diet, is becoming increasingly popular in the US and Asia.
The article states that “the World Health Organization officially recommends that people across the world adopt the Mediterranean diet for better health, and specifically suggests olive oil as the healthiest source of fat on the planet.”
In addition to the benefits of including olive oil in your diet, the article also offers these other ways to use it:
- Bath oil- Adding olive oil to a bath will leave skin feeling silky.
- Silverware cleaner- Use olive oil to shine silverware and brass utensils.
- Waterproofing- Olive oil can help clean leather goods such as coats, shoes and belts. It can also help waterproof them.
- Moisturizer- Apply olive oil to problem areas, like hands, to get smooth skin.
- Make-up remover- If massaged into skin and washed off, olive oil acts as an effective make-up remover.
- Hair moisturizer- The article states, “For dry and damaged hair, wet it a little, apply olive oil, cover it with a shower cap and stay in a hot shower for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash out the oil.”
“Extra virgin olive oil has many handy uses around the house,” says Natalie Sexenian, marketing manager for Italian olive oil producer Bellucci Premium. “In addition to its health benefits when consumed, olive oil also has many moisturizing qualities. It can penetrate deep into the skin and provide the moisture necessary to keep skin healthy and soft.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.