Cherry Hill, NJ (PRWEB) August 10, 2013
Citing studies from both Forrester and Paystream Advisors, AmeriQuest’s recent blog deals with the changes in attitude regarding SaaS solutions for a variety of areas within an enterprise. Many medium-sized businesses have been willing to adopt the technology for specific areas, like customer relationship marketing CRM and HR. But AmeriQuest delves into why this type of solution is especially applicable to the accounts payable invoice approval process.
For many medium-size companies, there is always conflict over which department can get access to IT staff. Low value-added projects and tasks are given low priority, and that includes accounts payable tasks. Thus, any process that minimizes IT involvement is an excellent solution for AP. Paystream Advisors’ “e-Invoicing Adoption Benchmark Report,” released in 2012, found that “Minimal IT Involvement” got the largest response to the question, “What do you see as the biggest benefit of cloud services or software-as-a-service for AP processing?”
The blog shows the various ways that SaaS AP automation and e-invoicing solutions are suited to AP in medium-size companies that are anxious to control costs and increase efficiencies:
- The subscription-based service is scalable, so costs and cash flow can be controlled.
- The solutions are easy to implement and require low upfront and reduced operating costs.
SaaS providers upgrade their solutions regularly as part of the fee, and involve little or no on-premise IT involvement.
- The time saved in the invoice approval process can then allow the AP staff to focus on innovative and strategic ways to help the company grow, taking the department from low value-added tasks to high value-added projects.
- Managers and executives will have full visibility into the invoice status and history, allowing for better decision making in future negotiations with suppliers.
- Quicker response time means more timely payments and the possibility of discount capture.
Every company needs structure and compliance, especially in the finance departments; for medium-size businesses that need to watch every penny, this can be a challenge. The blog illustrates how all of the benefits make SaaS a natural fit for medium-size businesses. To view the entire blog, visit http://blog.ameriquestcorp.com/is-saas-right-fit-for-medium-size-businesses/.
About AmeriQuest Business Services, Inc.
AmeriQuest is a business process outsourcing company, serving more than 1,500 customers throughout North America. Combining unmatched expertise, comprehensive services in the supply management, managed services, and financial supply chain functions, AmeriQuest Business Services helps customers move forward in every part of their business. For more information, visit ameriquestcorp.com.