These award winners showed technical creativity, a willingness to test emerging technologies and the perseverance to push for cross-agency IT improvements in an era of cost cutting.
(PRWEB) August 13, 2013
GCN is pleased to announce the 15 government IT projects that have been chosen to receive a GCN Award for IT achievement in 2013.
“These award winners showed technical creativity, a willingness to test emerging technologies and the perseverance to push for cross-agency IT improvements in an era of cost cutting,” said Paul McCloskey, Editor-in-Chief, GCN. “We’re excited to celebrate them at the 2013 GCN Awards Gala in October.”
2013 GCN Award Winners:
- International Space Apps Challenge – Open Innovation Program, NASA
- Defense Common Ground System - Army Standard Cloud – Army
- DataBridge and Analytics Warehouse – New York City Mayor’s Office
- Crop Insurance Compliance Data Warehouse – Agriculture Department Risk Management Agency
- Digital Vehicular Video System – Austin, Texas, Police Department, Communication and Technology Management Office
- 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE) Ship-to-Ship Communications – Naval Air Systems Command
- How’s My Waterway Project – Environmental Protection Agency
- Self-Service Logon Remote Proofing – Defense Manpower Data Center
- Medicare.gov Responsive Design – Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- TRIDENT (Tactical Routing Info Deployable Extensible Network) – U.S. Coast Guard
- Automated Secure Alarm Protocol – City of Richmond, Va., Department of IT
- Cloud-based E-mail – National Archives and Records Administration, Office of the CIO
- Homeland Security Information Network – Homeland Security Department
- Theater Requirements Generation Tool – Defense Department, Expeditionary Business Operations
- Bank Secrecy Act IT Modernization – Treasury Department, FinCEN
The following 5 projects were awarded 2013 Honorable Mentions for IT achievement:
- IRS Enterprise Storage Services – Internal Revenue Service
- CountyClick311 Citizen Service Request System – Prince George’s County, Md.
- Biometric Matching of National Security System – Department of Homeland Security
- Corridor Internal Professional Networking Service – U.S. Department of State
- InterAct’s Law Enforcement Data Delivery System – U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Agency award winners will be profiled in the October issue of GCN, on GCN.com and will be honored at the GCN Awards Gala, Wednesday, October 16th at the Ritz-Carlton in Tyson’s Corner, VA. Now in its 26th year, the GCN Awards Gala is one of the public sector IT community’s most anticipated and prestigious events.
For more information about this year’s winners and the honorable mentions category, please visit: http://gcn.com/awards2013
For more information on attending or sponsoring the gala, please visit: http://gcn.com/gala
GCN’s editorial mission is to deliver technology assessments, recommendations and case studies to support public sector IT managers who are responsible for the specification, evaluation and selection of technology solutions. GCN is the only media brand that serves the full scope of technology decision makers in the federal, state & local and education markets (FED/SLED). http://www.gcn.com