Beaverton, Oregon (PRWEB) August 12, 2013
Reser’s second annual “America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge” invited potato salad lovers to submit their favorite potato salad recipe. Home cooks across the country answered the call and submitted hundreds of original recipes featuring this terrific tuber.
“Grilled, boiled, baked, sautéed and even fried, contestants showed amazing creativity with their potato salad recipes,” states Lacey Werner, associate category manager. “Many featured sweet, savory or spicy ingredients, but all were packed with flavor. We narrowed it down to 20, and now we need America’s help to select the top nine potato salad recipes.”
The top nine contest winners will be invited to compete against the six winners from the Competitive BBQ circuit in the America’s Best Potato Salad Championship at the World Food Championships and have a chance to win the $10,000 grand prize.
Voting Now Open
Potato salad fans are invited to go to http://www.resers.com/potatosaladcontest and vote for their favorite recipe. Voting closes August 30, 2013. The top nine recipe winners will receive $1,000, plus a $1,000 travel stipend to compete at the World Food Championships where they will compete for the $10,000 grand prize. Contest updates will be posted on Facebook and Twitter. Contestant’s scores will be weighted as follows: 75 percent based on Reser’s judging panel and 25 percent based on the online voting portion of the contest.
Top 20 Potato Salad Recipes (In random order)
1. Buffalo Bleu Potato Round-Up from Darlene B. (Arizona)
2. Roasted Red Potato Salad with Latin-Inspired Green Goddess Dressing from Edwina G.(Idaho)
3. Spicy Tex-Mex Chili Cheese Potato Salad from Nancy J. (Utah)
4. Fried Potato Panzanella from Andria G. (North Carolina)
5. Potato Kalamata with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette from Lorelle T.(Florida)
6. Skillet Roasted Potato Salad with Warm Sweet Bacon Dressing from Joyce P. (New Jersey)
7. Candied Bacon Fingerling Pot. Salad w/ Raspberry Basil Vinaigrette & Garden Vegetables
from Sonya G.( Minnesota)
8. Roasted Sweet Potato Salad from Melanie M. (Tennessee)
9. Lemony Chimichurri Grilled Medley Potato Salad from Sherri W. (Florida)
10. The Herban Urban Potato Salad from Josie S. (California)
11. Peppery Roasted Potato Salad from Carolyn K. (California)
12. Perky Teriyaki Potato Salad from Sugiyarti J.(Alaska)
13. Mediterranean Potato Salad from Nancy V. (California)
14. Mojito Grilled Potato Salad from Eileen B.(Florida)
15. Smoky Grilled Potato Salad from Dawn J. (California)
16. Pesto Potato Salad with Snap Peas and Feta from Elizabeth W. (Virginia)
17. Garlic Roasted New Potato Salad from Mark H. (Texas)
18. Rojo Potato Salad from Claudia M. (Texas)
19. Lager Potato Salad with Creamy Mustard Dressing from Dyan C. (Montana)
20. Bacon Artichoke Potato Salad from Jan L. (Oklahoma)
Aug. 12, 2013 -- Top 20 recipes announced and online; voting opens at 8 am PST
Aug. 30, 2013 -- Voting closes as of midnight PST
Sept. 23, 2013 -- Reser’s announces the top 9 recipe winners; invited to compete against the six winners from the Competitive BBQ circuit in Las Vegas!
Nov. 7-10, 2013 -- Top 9 winners will compete at the America’s Best Potato Salad
Championship at the World Food Championships
Nov. 11, 2013 -- Re-cap of the championship event, winner’s announced online
North American-based Reser’s is the leading provider of deli salads, fresh salads, side dishes and prepared foods. Reser’s makes fun times easy and affordable for every family. Reser’s famous deli salads are a family favorite at picnics, BBQs and tailgaters. Founded in 1950, the company remains privately owned and operated and committed to providing delicious refrigerated foods for the supermarket and food service industries. Reser’s operates 18 facilities and employs nearly 4,800 employees in the US, Mexico and Canada. Visit http://www.resers.com.