Toledo, Ohio (PRWEB) August 12, 2013
The Charles E. Boyk Law Offices, LLC has shared school bus safety tips through their blog just in time for parents to prepare their children for the upcoming school year. The blog post contains safety tips for children as they wait at the bus stop, while they ride on the bus, and while they exit the bus.
Safety at the Bust Stop:
•Always walk to the bus stop; Do not run
- If available, always walk on the sidewalk, otherwise walk on the left facing traffic
- Arrive at the bus stop five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive
- Wait in an area that is safe from traffic
- Never speak to strangers while waiting at the bus stop
- Only cross traffic to board the bus when the red flashing lights are on and the stop sign is extended
- Look left, right, and left again before crossing the road
Safety on the Bus:
- Walk directly to seat; remain seated entire ride
- Do not distract the bus driver unless the bus is stopped
- Never throw things on the bus or out the bus windows
- Keep items out of the aisle way
- In emergency situations, always listen to the bus driver
Safety Exiting the Bus:
- Walk while exiting the bus; do not run
- Go straight home from the bus stop
- Only exit the bus at your designated stop
- Never return to the bus if an item is left on it, the driver may not see you and begin to move the bus
- If an item is dropped near the bus, tell the bus driver before attempting to pick it up
"Parents should read through these safety tips with their children and make sure that they know the importance of being safe and following the school bus rules," said Attorney Charles Boyk.
To read the full blog post, visit the law office's website.