For 40 years, we’ve been known for providing effective, high-quality training and development opportunities for federal workers and we’re excited to continue to add more federal HR training courses to our successful curriculum.
Tysons Corner, VA (PRWEB) August 15, 2013
Management Concepts Inc., the nation’s leading provider of effective facilitator-led training and development to the federal government, announces the addition of eight new courses designed to help federal HR professionals acquire the skills necessary to be valuable strategic partners in accomplishing their agencies’ human resources and human capital mission.
“Our mission is to unleash the potential of individuals, teams and organizations in the Federal Government,” said Tom Dungan, CEO of Management Concepts. “For 40 years, we’ve been known for providing effective, high-quality training and development opportunities for federal workers and we’re excited to continue to add more federal HR training courses to our successful curriculum.”
A full list of Federal Human Capital and HR courses, dates, and locations can be found at http://www.ManagementConcepts.com/HR.
The eight new Federal Human Capital Management and Federal HR courses include:
- Employee Relations. This course provides a basic understanding of federal employee relations, including how to distinguish between performance and conduct issues, support employees in need of assistance, and work through the grievance process.
- Getting Efficient: Optimizing HR Operations. This one-day course provides participants a framework by which they can analyze the performance of their organization in order to seek efficiencies.
- Job Analysis for Effective Recruitment & Selection. This three-day course provides individuals with necessary knowledge and skills associated with the hiring process to successfully conduct a Job Analysis that identifies the competencies necessary for effective job-related selection criteria.
- Labor & Management Relations. This course provides a basic understanding of federal labor relations, including an overview of labor laws, bargaining responsibilities, and grievances and arbitration.
- Position Classification. This three-day course provides the foundational knowledge needed to classify positions. Emphasis is on the underlying framework for all positions, the process used to classify positions, and the legal requirements of classification.
- HR Analytics. This two-day course provides federal human resources professionals with an overview of the fundamentals of analysis to support decision makers in achieving human resources goals and assessing HR’s contribution to meeting mission objectives.
- Position Management. This course focuses on organization design, aligning workforce plans to current and future positions, and ensuring alignment with classification systems, laws, and policies.
- Supporting Professional Growth in Organizations. This course is designed to help participants focus on assisting employees in their organization make career transitions that build a more highly engaged workforce.
For further information and the latest course dates and locations, call 888.545.8579 or visit http://www.ManagementConcepts.com/HR.
About Management Concepts
Founded in 1973, Management Concepts unleashes the full potential and productivity of federal government professionals through practical, effective training courses; customized professional development programs; performance improvement consulting services; assessment programs; and award-winning publications. We have substantially improved the effectiveness and performance of over 1 million professionals working in every major agency in the federal government and state and local government offices. We educate clients on critical topics such as acquisition and contracting; business analysis, analytics, and decision making; financial management; budgeting and accounting; grants and assistance leadership and professional skills; human resource management; and project, program and portfolio management. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.ManagementConcepts.com and follow us on Twitter @mgmt_concepts.