RaMP supports multiple communication protocols to provide management from IT (virtual machine, servers, blades, storage, network) to the supporting infrastructure (power, cooling, environmentals).
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) August 14, 2013
No Limits Software announces support for the Modbus TCP protocol has been added to version 2.5 of their RaMP DCIM solution, which also includes a new visual workflow, new executive summaries at the location and logical group levels, the ability to do “what if” scenarios while reserving space for equipment, advanced search actions to allow users to perform actions on multiple assets at one time, support for IP cameras, enhanced support for Linux/Unix auto-discovery, and performance enhancements to make the discovery process even faster.
Adding support for the Modbus TCP communication protocol allows RaMP to monitor equipment supporting Modbus. This equipment typically includes generators, power meters, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), and other cooling and power equipment. Customers who have already purchased version 2.5 will be upgraded to the latest version with Modbus support.
Version 2.5 of RaMP includes the following new features:
- Visual workflow to allow users to quickly create workflows by dragging and dropping tasks
- New executive summaries at the location and logical group levels
- Ability to do “what if” scenarios while reserving space for equipment
- Advanced search actions to allow users to perform actions on multiple assets simultaneously
- Support for IP cameras
- Enhanced support for Linux/Unix auto-discovery
- Performance enhancements to make the discovery process even faster
- Support for Modbus TCP communication protocol
The RaMP DCIM solution provides the following benefits:
- Auto-discovery of detailed device information
- Power and environmental monitoring down to the device level
- Server monitoring to identify servers which should be retired, virtualized or consolidated
- Software and operating system license management
- Automated change control to reduce MTTR and increase availability
- Web services API for integration with other systems
- PUE, DCiE and CADE energy management calculations
- Accurate capacity planning data to reduce stranded power and shutdown risks
- Device type roll-up views for an easy way to quickly compare device performance
- Enhanced rack views (front and rear views, device type, status, power usage, temperature)
- Visual workflow and task management
About No Limits Software
No Limits Software is a leading provider of data center management solutions, including asset management, capacity planning, and power and environmental monitoring.
The RaMP DCIM solution provides asset management, auto-discovery of data center equipment, automated change log to track both authorized and unauthorized changes, and real-time monitoring for more accurate capacity planning.
No Limits Software and their partners are providing the path to enhanced data center management at the rack level through the development of intelligent cabinets. No Limits Software’s patent-pending solution automates asset management to the rack unit while the intelligent cabinet appliance monitors and manages power, environmental conditions, security and alarming.