These new experts bring additional capabilities in the areas of Counterterrorism, Security, and Risk Mitigation.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) August 15, 2013
Security Dynamics LLC, a global security and risk management advisory firm, added three new Senior Advisors to its team of Subject Matter Experts, it was announced today by Kim E. Petersen, the firm’s Chairman and President. At a time when terrorist threats directed at both the private and public sectors are escalating, these new Senior Advisors will compliment Security Dynamics’ current team of experts bringing with them decades of career experience in intelligence, homeland security, infrastructure protection, intermodal transportation security, and law enforcement training.
“Our team members come to Security Dynamics with a broad diversity of professional backgrounds, all bound by a shared passion for security and a drive to make the world a safer place,” said Petersen. “Our sector-specific practice groups provide proven security solutions for clients with critical infrastructure to protect, such as utilities, schools and universities, multimodal transportation, energy, and government operations. Each practice group is staffed with industry veterans who arrive at the client’s door fully prepared to render expert assistance. These new Senior Advisors will make our current team even more capable.”
Ron Thomason, a Senior Advisor in the Maritime Practice Group, emphasized that, “the difference between Security Dynamics LLC and our competition is that we never need to learn on the job and at the client’s expense. We are committed to providing our clients with 'best-in-class' assessments of their relative vulnerabilities, along with value-engineered risk mitigation solutions that are both timely and cost-effective.”
The new Senior Advisors include:
- John Strauchs, CPP – Following military service in Vietnam as a Captain in the US Army, Mr. Strauchs joined the Central Intelligence Agency serving in the Clandestine Service. Following the CIA, Mr. Strauchs went on to become one the nation’s best known physical security experts. He has written numerous articles and white papers, testified before Congress on security issues, and worked on highly-sensitive and prestigious projects in the public and private sectors, including Ben Gurion Airport in Israel, the Department of Justice Information Technology Facility, and Hong Kong University. Mr. Strauchs owned and operated a registered professional engineering firm for 23-years that specialized exclusively in security and fire protection engineering. He holds a Masters degree from George Washington University and a Bachelors degree from Lehigh University.
- Marianne Molchan – A legend in the military diving world, Ms. Molchan is one of the world’s leading experts in seaport and ship security, as well as underwater surveillance systems, regulatory compliance training, and systems development. Achieving the rank of Commander, she was a pioneer in Navy, EOD, and NOAA diving having been the senior officer of an EOD Clearance Detachment, a NOAA Dive Officer, and the Divemaster aboard the NOAA Ship ‘Rainier’. Ms. Molchan served as an Anti-Terrorism Force Protection Officer with the Military Sealift Command Europe during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom, facilitating safe passage of hundreds of supply ships from the Atlantic to the Suez canal. She has a Masters in Engineering and Science Management from the University of Alaska and a Bachelors degree with honors in Mathematics from California Polytechnical State University.
About Security Dynamics LLC
First established in 1987, Security Dynamics LLC is a global security, counterterrorism, and risk management advisory firm with a professional staff that has performed threat and vulnerability assessments in over 90 countries. The firm advises industry and government clients on security and counterterrorism issues and is staffed with a global team of Subject Matter Experts and Senior Advisors who have previous high-level intelligence, military, law enforcement, and private sector expertise. These client advisors operate within sector-oriented practice groups that focus on:
- Infrastructure protection;
- Supply chain security;
- Transportation security – including maritime, aviation, and rail;
- Energy and petrochemical security;
- Hotels and hospitality security; and,
- Security for schools and universities.
The firm's professional services include systems engineering; crisis management; business continuity programs; security and regulatory compliance audits; ‘red-cell’ testing; cyber-security; IT penetration testing; and, training, drills, and exercise programs.
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Security Dynamics LLC has offices in Washington, DC, New York, Los Angeles, London, and the Caribbean. For more information about Security Dynamics LLC visit: http://www.SecurityDynamics.us.
About Kim E. Petersen
Mr. Petersen is internationally recognized for his over 30-years of experience in industrial security, military special operations, national security policy, and intelligence operations. CNN International described him as, “one of the leading security and counterterrorism experts in the world”. He has conducted threat and vulnerability assessments in over 50 countries, including most of the Middle East. His career has included senior staff positions with former US Secretaries of State Kissinger and Haig, and he has served as a senior staff member to the White House, US Senate, and US Defense Department in the areas of national security and intelligence. He is a former Captain in the Army’s Special Forces and is a service-disabled veteran. He has been featured on numerous news programs, such as CNN, BBC, NPR, ABC News, CBS News, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, CBS’s “Sixty Minutes,” and ABC’s “20/20”. For more information about Kim E. Petersen, visit: http://www.SecurityDynamics.us.
Phone: +1 (754) 206-3791
Security Dynamics LLC
1620 W. Oakland Park Boulevard
Oakland Park, Florida 33311