The DXL concept is an emerging and innovative retail offering that is attuned to our customers' needs and we are excited to open our latest store in Chicago.
Canton, Ma (PRWEB) August 13, 2013
Destination XL Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DXLG), the leading retailer of men's XL apparel, has opened a new Destination XL® store in Chicago, IL. The DXL® store is a new one-stop-shop catering to the fashion needs of bigger guys. Located at 113 East Chicago Avenue on the corner of Michigan Avenue, this new store will serve as the official flagship store for the Destination XL chain.
The most important factors for men who shop XL sizes are access to a merchandise selection ranging from current trends to their favorite classic looks, plus the confidence that their selections will fit comfortably. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 50% of U.S. adult men have a waist size of 40” or greater. There are currently few options in downtown Chicago for these men to purchase fashionable clothing that fits and often they are relegated to shopping the end of the rack at the major department stores. There, they are forced to choose from the limited selection available in their size, making Destination XL a greatly needed addition to the marketplace.
Destination XL offers more than 100 brands with selections ranging from private labels to the hottest luxury brands such as Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Michael Kors, DKNY Jeans, Lucky Brand Jeans, Robert Graham and more. The DXL store carries product assortments in sizes starting at XL along with tall sizes, plus waist sizes from 40” all in a spacious, welcoming environment built just for men. The full service shoe department boasts hundreds of shoes in sizes 10-16, plus widths to 4E. The DXL store provides a unique shopping experience with conveniences such as knowledgeable associates to help customers put together the perfect outfit and in-store tailoring to ensure the best fit. Unique to this store is a room dedicated to Made to Measure clothing, a custom-tailoring program offered only by Destination XL, which allows men to achieve a perfect fit. Items available for customization include suits, sport coats, trousers and shirts.
“The DXL concept is an emerging and innovative retail offering that is attuned to our customers' needs and we are excited to open our latest store in Chicago," says David Levin, President and CEO of DXLG. "Our customers seek choices, value, convenience and a unique shopping experience which DXL stores offer. We are confident that our success in the existing stores in the Chicago market will be replicated here in downtown Chicago."
This new store joins the 3 current DXL locations in the Chicago area – Schaumburg, Oakbrook Terrace and Vernon Hills – bringing the total stores to 67 across 26 states. The Company expects to complete the process of transitioning its business from Casual Male XL to the Destination XL brand by the end of 2015 when it expects to have over 225 stores nationwide. Furthermore, DestinationXL.com offers a multi-channel solution similar to the DXL store experience and features state-of-the-art functionality that enables customers to shop across all brands and product extensions with ease.
Visit http://www.destinationxl.com/mens-big-and-tall-store/static/storefinder to see a panoramic view of a Destination XL store.
To coordinate a quote or to request photos, please contact Caitlin DeSena at 781-828-9300, x2357.
About Destination XL Group
Destination XL Group, Inc. is the largest retailer of men's apparel in sizes XL and up, with operations throughout the United States, Canada and in London, England. The company is currently in the process of transitioning from Casual Male XL to focus primarily on the Destination XL concept. Destination XL Group, Inc. currently operates 316 Casual Male XL retail and outlet stores, 11 Rochester Clothing stores, 67 Destination XL stores and e-commerce sites, including http://www.destinationxl.com. The Company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, and its common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol "DXLG."
Destination XL Fact Sheet
What is Destination XL?
- Destination XL is the largest one-stop-shop for clothing in sizes XL and up, plus shoes in extended sizes. The store aims to create an easy, relaxed and comfortable shopping experience for the customer.
What makes Destination XL different?
- Selection – over 2,000 styles and 200 brands including designers such as: Polo Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tommy Bahama, Lacoste, Michael Kors, DKNY Jeans, Cole Haan, as well as private-label brands like Canyon Ridge, Oak Hill, Harbor Bay and 555 Turnpike.
- Fit – sizes to fit everyone - starting at XL or 38” waist, including tall sizes, plus access to an on-site tailor to ensure the perfect fit.
- One-Stop-Shop – head to toe outfitting, from casual to formal – everything you need under one roof .
- Service – a much higher level of customer service, from knowledgeable sales staff to onsite tailors.
- Environment – a shopping environment designed specifically for the bigger guy with upscale interior design featuring hardwood floors and track lighting, wider aisles, larger dressing rooms, lounge chairs, flat screen TVs and even free bottled water.
What is Next?
- This Chicago, IL store joins the (67) current DXL locations in (26) states. The Company plans to open more than 200 stores over the next several years.
About the Company:
- Destination XL Group Inc. (DXLG) is the parent company of Destination XL. The Company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, and its common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol "DXLG."