Freiburg, Germany (PRWEB UK) 14 August 2013
Paragon Software Group, a leading software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, in partnership with Merriam-Webster, Inc., the leader in language reference publishing in the United States, announces the release of eleven monolingual and bilingual reference classics from Merriam-Webster for Mac OS X. The apps are conveniently combined in a single Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries in-app catalog app, allowing the user to immediately find the right dictionary, download it, and test it for free, before making the purchasing decision. The new app comes with a full version of Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary at a special price of only $0.99 USD (the regular price $19.99 USD).
The “Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries” app includes the following additional dictionaries:
- Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged
- Merriam-Webster's English-French and French-English Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's English-Spanish and Spanish-English Dictionary
- Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary (* without a sound module)
- Merriam-Webster's Advanced Learner's English Dictionary
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- The Merriam-Webster Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate® Thesaurus
- Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary of Law
- Merriam-Webster’s Essential Learner’s English Dictionary
Search and translate features:
- Search through dictionary headwords.
- Full text search to look up usage examples.
- List of similar words results in case of misspelled look ups.
- Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
- Morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form.
- Look-up functionality from other applications - while working in other applications you can easily and quickly look up any desired word without leaving that application.
- Search through Favorites.
- Search History - while you are using the dictionary, all looked up and viewed words/phrases are saved in the History.
- Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
- Irregular verbs
- Word forms
- Quick access to virtual keyboard.
- Synchronization of dictionary language with the keyboard input source.
- Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
- Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
Compatibility: Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and higher.
Availability: Merriam-Webster’s Dictionaries app includes Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary and is available for $0.99 USD at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id609411821?mt=12 . Other dictionary prices range from 19.99 to 59.99 USD.
About Merriam-Webster Inc.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books (Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition), popular Web sites (Merriam-Webster.com, WordCentral.com), and a range of licensed products. For more information, visit http://www.Merriam-Webster.com.