With advanced technologies such as V2V coming into play by 2020, now is the time to focus on how these will change the landscape to prepare to combat any challenges that will occur through integrating these technologies.
(PRWEB) August 15, 2013
The complimentary interactive event will be held on Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 10.00am PT and is open to the entire fleet telematics community.
Register here: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/fleet/webinar.php
NB: Even if you cannot attend at this time, please still sign up as Telematics Update will send you the recording.
Predictions are that the market will increase 61% in GPS and wireless devices monitoring fleet vehicles, equipment and their workers by the end of 2015. So there is no doubt that there are many short term goals to be addressed. However, Telematics Update Director, Ruthana Foulkes commented that “with advanced technologies such as V2V coming into play by 2020 – now is the time to focus on how these will change the landscape to prepare to combat any challenges that will occur through integrating these technologies. This will ensure they can be integrated as seamlessly as possible when the time comes and ensure a front running industry position for businesses that have factored this into long-term goals from now.”
To get to grips with these key developments in the business of fleet telematics, Telematics Update has organized a live webinar entitled ‘Gain Fleet Clients through Integrating Emerging Technology.’
The 45 minute session includes live presentations, poll questions and Q&A's, delivered by key industry figures, including:
- Peter Vanderminden, Industry Market Development Manager, Manufacturing & Supply Chain, Microsoft
- Jerry Wood, Director of Transportation & Engineering, Gateway Cities Council of Governments
The debate will cover:
- Take a look at initiatives such as the I-710 corridor that will require tech such as V2V communications to allow for increased fuel efficiency and productivity to start planning fleet tech for the future
- Understand how to create more accurate vehicle diagnostic services through a ‘sandbox’ of data sets accessible by OEMs and TSPs in order to build a bespoke service for individual clients
- Discuss autonomous devices e.g. ‘smart-containers’ that provide self-reporting such as GPS location and temperature control to understand the telematics requirements to gear up for R&DT
The webinar can be joined for free at: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/fleet/webinar.php (Places are limited, so register early)
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Conference Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7151 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7151