The golden cork contest is a fun way to celebrate 10 years, one million bottles sold and to thank customers who have helped Keel and Curley grow from a small family winery to one of the biggest wineries in the Southeast.
Plant City, FL (PRWEB) August 19, 2013
Florida’s biggest blueberry winery, Keel and Curley, is launching the Search for the Golden Cork Contest at its Plant City Winery on Wednesday August 21, 2013 at 10:30am ET.
The 10 Golden Corks, celebrating the winery's 10-year anniversary, will be on display and the one-millionth bottle will be corked. The half hour launch event will wrap-up with the bottles being loaded on trucks and shipped to area stores.
- Keel and Curley Winery Bottling Facility: 5210 W. Thonotosassa Road, Plant City
- Wednesday, August 21, 10:30am
What: (The event will include):
- The 10 Golden Corks will be shown and the commemorative one-millionth bottle will be corked
- Brief welcome and Golden Cork Contest description by winery founder Joe Keel
- Golden cork bottles will be loaded on truck for delivery
- Interviews and photos with the owner and head wine maker, and visuals of wine making and bottling
- Golden Cork Contest details
The contest is a fun play on the Willie Wonka Golden Ticket. Customers who find golden corks will gather at the winery on October 10, 2013 to compete for the grand prize trip to the Napa Valley. The nine other winners also receive prizes. The golden cork contest is a fun way to celebrate a local business success story and thank customers who have helped Keel and Curley grow from a small family winery in 2003 to one of the biggest wineries in the Southeast. Its wines are sold in 1,500 stores including Publix, Walmart and Total Wine.
- Bottling process and wine making, berries being stirred, mixed and bottled
- Visuals of golden corks and bottle being corked with a golden cork
- Loading wine cases on truck
- Expansive blueberry farm fields, tasting bar and large store
Please RSVP attendance to Joe(at)KeelandCurleyWinery(dot)com
About Keel and Curley Winery
Keel and Curley Winery began in Joe Keel’s kitchen in 2003. Keel, a central Florida blueberry farmer wanted to find a use for his end-of-crop blueberries. Rather than waste this perfectly good harvest, Keel tried his hand at blueberry wine. Ten years later Keel and Curley Winery has won more than 250 awards for excellence and has produced nearly 1,000,000 bottles and its wines are sold in 1,500 stores including Publix, Walmart and Total Wine. The winery produces blueberry, blackberry, fusion (grape wines blended with Strawberry, Key Lime or Tangerine) and traditional grape wines. For more information please visit keelandcurleywinery.com.