Phillipsburg, NJ (PRWEB) August 27, 2013
INFINITT North America, a leading provider of image and information management technologies for healthcare, announced today that they have signed a ten-year agreement with the National Football League (NFL) to provide on-demand access to players’ medical images. INFINITT Smart-NET, a web-based hosting PACS that maintains digital copies of images across a network of data centers, will enable instant viewing of both new and historical images from any stadium, team facility or physician’s office as long as the user has proper credentials for image access .
NFL clubs use diagnostic imaging to assess players’ injuries and health conditions. With INFINITT Smart-NET, images can be viewed by multiple people – radiologists, physicians and specialists—simultaneously, and from remote locations, enhancing communication and collaboration. Images can even be viewed on mobile devices from the sidelines.
- The INFINITT solution will store image data in ultra -secure, HIPAA-compliant data centers.
- The INFINITT Smart-NET PACS network will span more than 100 sites across all 32 club entities, including training camps, the NFL Scouting Combine, designated team facilities and several of the top healthcare institutions across the country.
- Centralizing players’ electronic records will benefit players and their healthcare providers while reducing the costs of physical storage where records are stored currently.
- Tight integration with the NFL-selected Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system will maintain up-to-date image data and players’ medical information across all clubs.
- Sophisticated rules-based automation will promote secure and simplified access to players’ images when transitioning from one club to another.
- Coordination with the Scouting Combine system will enable uploading of a player’s pre-NFL images to the PACS database for easy, instant access upon drafting a player.
“This is a significant project for the NFL, demonstrating their steadfast concern for the players’ health and well-being. As avid fans of the NFL, we at INFINITT are excited about using our technology to provide more timely and comprehensive access to players’ images and medical records,” says David Smarro, CEO of INFINITT North America.
“Currently, most healthcare providers copy the players’ images to CD /DVD, but these aren’t always on hand when and where you need them. With the INFINITT system, digitized images can be transmitted electronically over the internet, and viewed in multiple locations simultaneously. This is particularly valuable when two or more physicians need to consult on the player’s condition or diagnosis.”
About INFINITT North America
INFINITT North America, located in Phillipsburg, New Jersey, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of INFINITT Healthcare, a global company with more than 2700 PACS installations in 43 countries. Infinitt's web-based image and information management solutions include RIS, PACS, Cardiology PACS, Mammo PACS, Dental PACS, Ophthalmology PACS and 3D/Advanced Visualization software operating on a single database. This architecture increases system reliability, reduces costs and support requirements and simplifies workflow.
For more information, call 877-387-6960 or visit http://www.infinittna.com.