"Involving children in the family's philanthropic decision-making teaches financial responsibility at an early age."
Pasadena, California (PRWEB) August 21, 2013
“Charitable Giving Across The Generations” will be one of several featured topics at the Institute for Preparing Heirs® hallmark wealth advisor training, "The Great Wealth Transfer: Attracting, Engaging & Retaining MultiGenerational Families", Nov. 3-5, 2013, at Pepperdine University in Malibu, Ca. This training is open to financial advisors, estate attorneys, CPA’s and other professionals who serve high-net-worth individuals and families.
The Institute for Preparing Heirs’ training program offers tools, resources, and knowledge to help advisors position their practices at the forefront of the next big “sea change” in wealth management—how to deliver advice to affluent families that bridges the gap between preparing assets for the heirs and preparing the heirs for the assets.
The training faculty includes experts on topics of non-financial issues surrounding generational wealth transfer, and the link between family dynamics and wealth transfer.
“Charitable Giving Across The Generations” session will be led by Susan Winer, faculty member of the Institute for Preparing Heirs and co-founder of Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd., a global philanthropic advisory firm that helps individuals, families, and closely held and family-owned businesses plan, assess, and manage their charitable giving. Ms. Winer will focus on the benefits of involving the entire family in the family’s philanthropic decision-making and the role of the advisor.
“Family giving is a highly effective way to teach the younger generation about managing money as well as strengthening family bonds around common values and interests,” said Ms. Winer. “By introducing or advancing the charitable conversation with clients, advisors can help build stronger relationships across generations and ensure that the family’s philanthropic dollars achieve the family’s desired outcomes.“
The benefits for advisors attending “The Great Wealth Transfer” training:
- Deepen relationships with entire client families before wealth transfers
- Attract new affluent individuals and families as clients
- Expand the advisor’s professional network with those who work with affluent individuals and families
- Differentiate the advisor as a leader in bringing a broader perspective on wealth to affluent individuals, families, and other professional advisors
The training format combines lecture with practice management small group learning led by skilled facilitators. The format is designed to encourage peer group discussion of new ideas and strategies, and to develop an action plan tailored specifically for the advisor’s practice.
Takeaways include actions that can be used immediately by the advisor, along with exclusive access to conversation-starter tools developed by the Institute for Preparing Heirs.
The training teaches advisors about:
- Opportunities and challenges of participating in “The Great Wealth Transfer” and providing a clear pathway to follow to take the advisor’s practice to the next level
- Why family dynamics play a greater role in wealth transfer than previously understood
- Benefits of initiating wealth conversations with clients, beyond the money, on topics such as the link between health management and wealth planning, the value of family meetings and the role of the advisor, and why families need a mission statement for their wealth
- How to use conversation-starter tools to meaningfully engage the entire family in non-financial issues of wealth transfer
- Actions families can take before wealth transfer and the role of the advisor
- Contemporary research on what families value most in the client-advisor relationship
Institute for Preparing Heirs is headquartered in Pasadena, CA. Its mission is to bring advisors and families closer together by providing advisors with training, tools, and on-going support to prepare families for successful generational wealth transfer.
For information on “The Great Wealth Transfer” advisor training, call Institute for Preparing Heirs at (626) 389-8664 or email contact(at)preparingheirs(dot)com. Financial advisors earn IMCA and CFP continuing education credits for attending. Early enrollment discount available.