San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) August 20, 2013
With the bays of the Mediterranean lapping against their shores, waterside cities in France as well as Spain and Italy become magical destinations for travelers in the summer months. The team at Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, has chosen a select group of tours and shore excursions that will let travelers explore this gem-box of a region – private yacht or not.
Nice and the Côte d’Azur
Known as the capital of the Côte d'Azur, Nice boasts pebbly and pristine beaches that punctuate the luxurious landscape. This popular, exclusive and edgy summer enclave can be well-explored with the help of Viator’s team of insiders who have selected the best local activities for experiencing this Mediterranean hotspot.
- As hot as they come, the Ferrari Sports Car Experience from Nice gives those with passions for speed and prestige the chance to drive or be driven in an iconic red F430 F1 Spider Ferrari.
- Trade the Ferrari for two wheels and the Nice City Bike Tour. Cycle along stunning beaches, grand streets and majestic plazas discovering hidden Baroque churches, awe-inspiring Belle Époque palaces and super-cool bars and bistros.
- The Small-Group Nice Food Tour: Provencal Specialties gets travelers in touch with the local food scene and rich Italian-inspired gastronomic heritage including up to eight samplings as well as wine from the nearby Provence hills.
Beautiful in and of itself, Nice is also the perfect starting point for explorations of many neighboring towns.
- The French Riviera Small Group Day Trip from Nice includes visits to Cannes, Juan-les-Pins and Monte Carlo.
- A summer-time Mecca for the richest and the famous-est, the St Tropez Small Group Day Trip from Nice features fashion boutiques, terrace cafes and the canals of Port Grimaud – known as “Little Venice.”
- Visit the famous city of festivals and film stars during the Cannes and Antibes Small Group Half Day Trip from Nice.
- The Monaco and Eze Small Group Day Trip from Nice combines the grandeur and Grand Prix of Monte Carlo with the unsurpassed view of the Mediterranean from the cliff-top perch (1,401 feet above sea level) of the village of Eze.
The French Riviera is also a major destination for cruise lines with its pleasant climate and enviable and convenient location along the Mediterranean. Nearby ports include Cannes, Monaco and Villefranche and Viator has a selection of shore excursions that will enable cruise passengers to break away from their shipmates and have unique experiences while exploring these beautiful seaside settings. Examples of Viator’s shore excursions along the French Riviera include:
- Monaco Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Monaco, Eze and Nice.
- Villefranche Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Nice, Saint-Paul de Vence and Cannes.
- Cannes Shore Excursion: Private Day Trip to Cannes, Antibes and Biot.
More on the Shores of Europe
The Riviera made so famous in France winds its way across borders into Spain and Italy with each boasting similarly stunning destinations and exciting excursions (whether arriving via land or sea) to experience them.
- The Girona and Costa Brava Small Group Day Trip from Barcelona.
- Set sail along the Mediterranean during the Small-Group Mediterranean Sea Sailing Trip from Barcelona with views that include La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Cathedral, and Port Olympic.
- Explore the capital of the Costa del Sol and the birthplace of Picasso during the Private Malaga City Sightseeing Tour.
- The Palma de Mallorca Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Valldemossa and Palma de Mallorca takes in the beauty of the Serra de Tramuntana, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed mountain range.
- Experience five lovely and scenic fishing villages – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – as well as a boat ride to Monterosso along the Ligurian Coast during the Cinque Terre Day Trip from Milan.
- Discover the seaside towns of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello, three of the most beautiful villages in the South of Italy, during the Amalfi Coast Private Day Tour from Sorrento.
- Set out from the city to explore the best of the Italian Riviera during the Genoa and Portofino Day Trip from Milan which includes a scenic boat ride and lots of chic ambience.
- Depart from the cruise ship crowd and set off on a private chauffeur-driven coastal exploration during the Genoa Shore Excursion: Portofino and Santa Margherita Ligure Day Trip.
For more information on Viator, as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news, travelers can check out the Viator Travel Blog and follow the Viator on Facebook and Twitter.
Viator is the world’s leading resource to discover and book travel activities, providing online and mobile access to more than 15,000 curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,000 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 350,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site -- Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android, the Viator Shore Excursions website as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 2,500 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.