Boston, MA (PRWEB) August 21, 2013
FlipKey.com, a leading vacation rental marketplace, today uncovered the top five destinations to visit during the shoulder seasons (the time between high and low travel seasons) to save money on a vacation rental. Basing its findings on data from its popular Travel Insights series, the company has revealed where travelers should go this fall to save money and encounter less crowds during their vacation.
“Some incredible deals can be found in destinations during their shoulder seasons. For example, the Outer Banks in September and October still has fabulous weather and it’s likely you’ll experience fewer crowds than during the peak summer months,” said Jen Gold, FlipKey’s Travel Expert. “The shoulder seasons also provide an opportunity for travelers to have access to high-end luxury accommodations they might not ever have been able to afford normally during peak season.”
According to data from FlipKey’s Travel Insights series, the following five destinations are the best spots to visit during their shoulder seasons in order to save money on a vacation rental:
1. Outer Banks, North Carolina: Save up to 50%. (Shoulder season average per night is $195 compared to $390 during high season.)
2. Delaware: Save up to 41%. (Shoulder season average is $236 per night compared to $402 during high season.)
3. Florida Panhandle: Save up to 33%. (Shoulder season average price per night is $181 compared to $268 during high season.)
4. North Carolina Coast: Save up to 27%. (Shoulder season average is $209 compared to $286 during high season.)
5. Jersey Shore: Save up to 26%. (Shoulder season average per night is $241 compared to $327 during high season.)
Columbus Day weekend falls during these destinations’ shoulder seasons, so visit FlipKey.com to find the perfect vacation rental for that long weekend getaway with the family or a romantic retreat. For more information, please visit: http://www.flipkey.com .