This Academy covers the diesel engine engineering principles and practices necessary to effectively understand a modern diesel engine.
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) August 22, 2013
SAE International announces that Navistar, Inc. will serve as host company for the 2013 Diesel Engine Technology Engineering Academy. Navistar, Inc., a leading manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines, will host the event at its World Headquarters in Lisle, Illinois, USA.
The Academy, which will be held Oct. 21-25, is a comprehensive and immersive training experience. Taught by leading subject matter experts, this Academy consists of five days of intensive training consisting of lecture, hands-on equipment demonstration, structured practical sessions, and a team-based case study problem. This Academy covers the diesel engine engineering principles and practices necessary to effectively understand a modern diesel engine. Types of engines addressed include naturally aspirated, turbocharged, pre-chamber, open chamber, light duty, and heavy duty.
Attendees will be able to:
- Articulate basic diesel engine terminology and principles
- Describe the key features of the basic types of diesel engines
- Compare various diesel fuel injection systems and their components
- Analyze the effects of different fuels on engine performance and longevity
- Compare the function and applicability of various air management systems
- List the various emission standards and testing requirements
- Detail the elements of post-combustion emission control devices
- Discuss emerging diesel engine technologies
The 2013 Diesel Engine Technology Engineering Academy begins each day at 8 a.m. There will be some evening sessions. For a complete course description and registration information, please visit http://training.sae.org/academies/acad03/.
To register, please contact SAE International via customerservice(at)sae(dot)org or by calling 1-877-606-7323 (1-724-776-4970 outside the U.S. and Canada).
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 138,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.