There was an unbelievable amount of information that would be hard to find locally. These are things every young attorney should hear.
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA (PRWEB) August 22, 2013
TAGLaw®, a worldwide alliance of independent law firms, recently announced it will be holding its Sixth Annual Professional Skills Course. The seminar, which develops critical practical skills of younger lawyers, will be held on November 14 and 15th at the Vinoy® Renaissance Resort & Golf Club in St. Petersburg and is expected to draw an international list of attendees.
“Every law firm partner and every law school dean knows that law schools are missing the mark when it comes to lawyer practice skills training,” said Robert Sattin, President of TAGLaw and one of the Professional Skills Course’s speakers. “As we prepare our sixth Professional Skills Course, we know that we are far ahead of the curve in providing our member firms with the vital training their young lawyers need. Our members use this course as a necessary component of partnership training.”
“I found the Professional Skills Course to be extremely empowering and positive,” said 2012 Professional Skills Course attendee Kannon Conway of Harris Shelton Hanover Walsh, PLLC (TAGLaw member in Memphis, Tennessee). “There was an unbelievable amount of information that would be hard to find locally. These are things every young attorney should hear.”
TAGLaw, which earlier in 2013 was ranked as an “Elite” legal alliance by Chambers Global, hopes to add another successful course and enriched group of alumni to its ranks.
This year’s Professional Skills Course sessions and faculty include:
- “What Does It Mean to be a Partner?” - Frank M. Young III of Haskell Slaughter Young & Rediker, LLC (TAGLaw member in Alabama) and Steve Harr of Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C. (TAGLaw member in Dallas, Texas)
- “Presentation, Persuasion and Communication Skills” - Matthew J. Conigliaro of Carlton Fields
- “Business Development” - Steve Harr of Munsch Hardt Kopf & Harr, P.C. (TAGLaw member in Dallas, Texas)
- “Client Interviewing and Client Control” - Robert U. Sattin, President of TAGLaw
- “Negotiation Skills: Getting the Best Result for Your Client” - Frank M. Young III of Haskell Slaughter Young & Rediker, LLC (TAGLaw member in Alabama) and Robert U. Sattin, President of TAGLaw
- “Understanding a Financial Statement” - Joseph A. Meyers, of Hurd, Hawkins, Meyers & Radosevich, P.A.
- “Roundtable: Your Questions for the Faculty” – All Professional Skills Course Faculty
ABOUT TAGLaw AND THE TAG ALLIANCES™
Founded in 1998, TAGLaw is an international alliance of high-quality, independent law firms. In 2013, Chambers Global ranked the alliance “Elite”, the highest ranking awarded to legal networks. The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TAGLaw, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group), and TAG-SP™. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 12,500 professionals in 250 member firms, and 500 offices in over 90 countries, The TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors.
For more information about TAGLaw, visit http://www.TAGLaw.com.
For more information about the TAG Alliances, visit http://www.TAGAlliances.com.
TAGLaw CONTACT INFORMATION
Chris Cervellera, Director of Marketing
The Appleton Group, Inc.
Phone: + 1 727 895 3720