Tallmadge, OH (PRWEB) August 23, 2013
Everything needed to install a modern overdrive manual transmission in musclecars, street rods, and classic trucks with modern engine swaps. American Powertrain eliminates the hassle of installing a modern Tremec five- or six-speed gearbox in a classic vehicle.Summit Racing offers the transmissions, installation kits, and more to make your next transmission swap an easy one.
Summit Racing offers American Powertrain Tremec TKO 500/600 five-speed and T-56 six-speed transmissions. They fit many GM and Ford V8 applications when used with the proper bellhousing. The TKO 500 is rated to 500 lbs.-ft. of torque, the TKO 600 to 600 lbs.-ft. The T-56 is rated to 700 lbs.-ft. of torque.
PROFIT INSTALLATION KITS
These kits have everything needed to install a Tremec transmission. The kits include:
- Race-balanced driveshaft with U-joints and steel slip yoke
- American Powertrain shifter mechanism that fits in original shifter position
- Polyurethane transmission mount
- Pre-packed pilot bearing with stainless steel rollers
- Speedometer conversion (mechanical or electronic)
- Reverse light and reverse lockout harnesses
- Shift knob
- Transmission crossmember (depending on application)
- Sheetmetal transmission hump (depending on application)
PROFIT KIT APPLICATIONS
- 1964-67 GM A-body
- 1968-72 Chevelle/Malibu
- 1967-81 Camaro/Firebird
- 1955-57 Chevy
- 1965-73 and 1979-95 Mustang
- 1960-63 Falcon and Fairlane
- Cobra kit cars and Ford-powered street rods
Summit Racing also offers American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing conversion kits, bellhousings, flywheels, shifters, transmission crossmembers, and more for custom applications.
Summit Racing Equipment