Austin, Texas (PRWEB) August 27, 2013
COR-EM, LLC., is pleased to announce the upcoming live Continuing Medical Education (CME) meeting titled, “The Heart Course: Emergency,” to be held November 8-10, 2013 in Las Vegas, NV. The course covers state-of-the-art management of acute cardiovascular emergencies seen in the emergency department setting. All emergency physicians, cardiologists, internists, hospitalists, family practitioners, intensivists, surgeons, primary care physicians, physician assistants, advance practice nurses, and anyone who provide care to patients with acute cardiovascular problems are invited to attend this live CME meeting.
The faculty members include Dr. J. Stephen Bohan (Harvard Medical School), Dr. Peter S. Pang (Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine), Dr. Amer Z. Aldeen (Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine), Dr. Laura J. Bontempo (University of Maryland Medical Center), Dr. William Brady (University of Virginia), Dr. Alan S. Maisel (University of California - San Diego Healthcare System), Dr. Amal Mattu (University of Maryland School of Medicine) and Dr. Kathleen A. Wittels (Harvard Medical School).
At the conclusion of this live CME meeting, participants should be able to:
- Identify high-risk, high-threat electrocardiography (ECG) findings and demonstrate the correct next action;
- Identify subtle and unusual dysrhythmias and appropriate management as well as state-of-the-art management of common dysrhythmias (i.e. atrial fibrillation);
- Describe the latest data on current and novel biomarkers in the diagnosis, prognosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease;
- Understand concrete, evidence-based management strategies for cardiovascular emergencies, including ACS, AHF, VTE, stroke, vascular, dysrhythmias, and resuscitation;
- Apply state-of-the-art risk-stratification practices for the chest pain, acute heart failure, TIA, syncope, and VTE patient including use of serial biomarkers, and new imaging modalities;
- Apply the proper algorithm for the evaluation of venous thromboembolism (VTE) and review the latest strategies for VTE management;
- Identify optimal Emergency Department anticoagulation management strategies for patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS), atrial fibrillation (AF), VTE, and stroke;
- Implement strategies for effective emergency department management of the acute heart failure patient, including diagnosis, classification, risk-stratification, prognosis optimization of volume status, organ protection, and potential impact on both short and long-term outcomes; and
- Apply clinical practice recommendations to manage device related emergencies in patients with cardiac disease, including VAD, pacemakers, and AICD.
For more information about this live CME meeting, and to register, please visit us online at http://theheartcourse.com/ or call us toll-free at 866-924-9729.
About Well-Assembled Meetings
Well-Assembled Meetings™ takes an unparalleled approach toward making your meeting a masterpiece – from planning and marketing, through on-site management and post-conference evaluation.
"Well-assembled" meetings are organized, meaningful and successful in reaching your goals and objectives. Our mantra is to provide friendly, approachable customer service and to always be available to ensure our meetings are completely stress free. When people attend our conferences, they are free to focus on their needs and enjoy the experience. That's because, behind the scenes, we've applied our extensive expertise and attention to detail to create a well-assembled meeting. Let us use our balance of intellect, problem solving and approachability to make your next conference a complete success.
Release issued by Audience Generation, LLC
Audience Generation is a forward-thinking agency at the forefront of the digital revolution and is a nationally and internationally recognized provider of integrated marketing, advertising, and technology services and solutions that offer a new way to find, generate, and engage live, online, social, and mobile audiences where they exist on demand.
Audience Generation is known for its creative strategy, actionable solutions and measurable approach to transforming the ways brands interact with their target audience, whether they exist in person, online, via social networks, or on their mobile devices.
Audience Generation has produced winning traditional, online, e-commerce, social and mobile campaigns including mobile application solutions for Fortune 500, small and medium businesses, not-for-profit organizations, national and international associations and societies, and venture-backed start-up companies across a variety of industry verticals around the world.
To learn how Audience Generation can find your ideal customer, reach them where they exist, build your brand, and grow your bottom line, please call us at 512-708-4678 or email us at growyourbusiness(at)audiencegeneration(dot)com or visit us at http://www.audiencegeneration.com.