ChicagoTraveler.com recommends going to these fine Chicago events to wave summer goodbye
Chicago, Illinois (PRWEB) August 26, 2013
Warm summer nights, hot days. It’s already August, but it seems like summer just started. With the longest day of summer passed this week, Chicago travelers and locals alike need to get outside and take advantage of the lasting warm weather. ChicagoTraveler.com recommends going to these fine Chicago events to wave summer goodbye.
- Chicago Jazz Festival: Talk about a great free event in Chicago. Chicago Jazz Festival boasts incredible acts playing all over the city, and in Millennium and Grant Parks. Starting Monday, August 26, and running through Sunday, September 1, this year’s jazz fest will have music enthusiasts shakin’ their booties and moving to the music. And the best part? Admission is free!
- Hit the Beach: With only a few more weeks of beach time, the editors of ChicagoTraveler remind Chicago residents and visitors to head to beach before Labor Day. With summer days limited it’s crucial to get those end of summer rays in before it’s too late! Chicago has 23 swimmable beaches, a last minute dip should be easy.
- Take the Town by Bike: Leave those keys behind, and hop on a bicycle and explore this amazing city on two wheels instead of four! Check out Chicago Lakefront Bicycle tours, which lends Chicago travelers the perfect opportunity to see all of the Windy City’s glory.
- Dine on Board: With the fine weather still warming the city, a tour with Odyssey Chicago Tours is the perfect way to enjoy the ending summer months. Dine in style as you drift along on a warm summer evening, and don’t forget to bring your camera to snap some iconic Chicago photos from the water! The Odyssey Chicago offers brunch cruises as well, so grab a mimosa and hop on board.
- Navy Pier Fireworks: With the last explosion in the sky scheduled for Saturday August 31, there are only a few more displays to catch. The fireworks go off every Wednesday at 9:30 pm and Saturday at 10:15 pm until the final Labor Day weekend show. Watch them explode from the dock, or on board a dinner cruise to fully enjoy the Navy Pier fireworks.
Chicago is one of the top vacation destinations in America famous for its annual events, popular foods, and architecture and top sports teams. ChicagoTraveler.com guides travelers to all the best things to do, top places to eat and deals on the best places to stay in Chicago.