Waterford, CT (PRWEB) August 26, 2013
This summer’s heat was off to a slow start – June was not as hot as usual. However, the heat sure did rise as soon as July and August hit. This summer, the almanac predicts that Connecticut is about to reach another extremely hot period of time. Late-July and mid-August are going to be hotter than the rest of the summer has been, meaning residents will want to be prepared.
The heat can be uncomfortable for many people. In Connecticut, residents are lucky enough to be near beaches and bodies of water that allow for an escape from the hottest of the hot. However, people cannot always be outside. For homeowners, one thing that is noticeable is that as temperatures begin to rise, so does the cost of electricity. Fortunately, there are many different ways to reduce electricity use, and hopefully, the cost of keeping homes cool. At SAVA Insurance Group of Connecticut, the local insurance agents want homeowners to be able to lower their electricity bills this summer – without having to spend more money on the upgrades to do so.
1. Keep windows covered during the day. Using heavy and dark drapes can block out the sunlight and keep it cooler inside of homes.
2. Remember that hot air rises. This means that if a home has more than one level, be sure to cut off pathways upstairs when cooling the lower level – it will help save energy, keep cool, and save money, too.
3. Keep the lights off during the day time – it seems simple, but leaving them off conserves energy and reduces bills.
4. Keep air conditioners on energy saving mode. This will allow them to turn on and off in intervals- using less energy but still keeping rooms cool.
5. Stay on the lower levels of the house as much as possible. Basements will be the coolest, so if possible, hang out down there during the day and it may be possible to use the AC a lot less.
And don’t forget: always look for appliances with the energy star label, year-round, for added energy efficiency and savings on electricity bills.
Residents with questions or concerns about their homeowners insurance are more than welcome to give the local agency a call at 860-437-7282.
Remember, summer heat will always rise, but electricity bills do not have to.
About SAVA Insurance Group:
Run by a dynamic all-women team, SAVA Insurance Group offers insurance solutions for residents and business owners alike throughout Connecticut. When someone meets with an agent, they get more than an insurance policy, they get a commitment. The agents at SAVA Insurance Group work hard to provide an experience catered to the individual needs of every client – protecting what matters most to them, no matter what. Connecticut residents looking for experienced, professional agents and insurance services are welcome to give the agency a call today.