Foundation Financial Group Helps Shine Light on Huntington’s Disease

Share Article

Foundation Financial Group announced its support of Shining Light on Huntington’s, a charity event to benefit those suffering from Huntington’s Disease. Foundation Financial employees from the Wichita Retail Branch Office, located at 11333 East Kellogg Avenue #300, volunteered at the fundraising event.

Foundation Financial Group Helps Shine Light on Huntington’s Disease
The Shining Light event was also a great vehicle for spreading awareness about Huntington’s. FFG hopes that educating the public about this devastating disease will increase understanding for those with HD and inspire desperately-needed research.

Foundation Financial Group announced its support of Shining Light on Huntington’s, a charity event to benefit those suffering from Huntington’s Disease. Foundation Financial employees from the Wichita Retail Branch Office, located at 11333 East Kellogg Avenue #300, volunteered at the fundraising event.

“Cheryl, a very close friend of mine, lost her son to Juvenile Huntington’s Disease one year ago,” said Foundation Financial Group Event Coordinator Leslie Epp. “He passed away at the young age of 25, and I saw firsthand how it devastated his loved ones. When her son’s closest friends and family started organizing Shining Light on Huntington’s, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to help and neither could Foundation Financial Group.”

Shining Light on Huntington’s was held in remembrance of Aaron Roosevelt. He lived with Juvenile Huntington’s for many years until his battle with the disease ended in 2012. Huntington’s is a hereditary, neuro-psychiatric movement disorder. The incurable disease deteriorates physical, intellectual, and emotional functioning over time. Juvenile HD manifests before age 21 and progresses at an accelerated rate.

The event, which took place at Stooges Bar and Grill, included live music, a silent auction, and a raffle. Foundation Financial Group and other Shining Light sponsors made contributions for the auction and raffle prizes. FFG employees sold Shining Light on Huntington’s t-shirts and raffle tickets. Shining Light distributed 90 percent of the proceeds to help a local family living with Juvenile Huntington’s. The remaining 10 percent supported the research efforts of the Hereditary Neurological Disease Centre, which promotes research opportunities through its affiliation with the Huntington Study Group.

“Our sponsorship provided an opportunity for Foundation Financial Group to support a wonderful event that will ease the financial burden for a local family struggling with Juvenile HD,” said Epp, who remembers Roosevelt as the happiest guy she ever met- even in the face of his debilitating disease. “The Shining Light event was also a great vehicle for spreading awareness about Huntington’s. FFG hopes that educating the public about this devastating disease will increase understanding for those with HD and inspire desperately-needed research.”

About Foundation Financial Group

Foundation Financial Group is a multibillion dollar financial services corporation. FFG offers its customers Best in Class service through its Insurance, Retirement, and Mortgage Services. Named one of the fastest growing financial companies in the country by INC magazine for the third year running, FFG has continued to grow its nationwide presence with over 100,000 new customers per year in 39 states. In addition to the value that Foundation Financial provides every customer, it is also dedicated to its communities and the people who live in them. Through a vast array of philanthropic endeavors the company not only provides significant monetary donations but also fosters a workforce environment that encourages all team members to personally make a difference. Foundation Financial is committed to its strong focus on customer service and community investment as it continues to grow and compete with the largest financial institutions in the world.

Foundation Financial Group reviews all public relations inquiries. For additional information,
interview and image requests, contact the Foundation Financial Group Public Relations Team.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Jason O'Neil
Foundation Financial Group
(904) 861-1717
Email >
Visit website