Anderson, SC (PRWEB) August 26, 2013
W.E. Black Pest Control recommends the following solutions to homeowners dealing with pest problems as a result of the wet summer season.
Mosquitoes, spiders and other unwanted insects become more prevalent with the abundance of standing water. The Anderson area has been under siege by a wetter-than-average summer season. When too much water piles up, insects seek drier ground, typically finding shelter indoors.
W.E. Black Pest Control offers the following suggestions to limit the pest invasion in and around the home:
- Routinely dump water that accumulates in flowerpots and pet dishes.
- Clean debris from rain gutters and remove any standing water under or around structures, and on flat roofs.
- Stock ornamental pools with top-feeding predacious minnows, known as mosquito fish.
- Fill or drain puddles, ditches, swampy areas, tree holes and stumps.
- Eliminate seepage from cisterns, cesspools and septic tanks.
- Eliminate standing water around animal water troughs.
- Check for trapped water in plastic or canvas tarps used to cover boats, pools and other objects around the yard.
- Irrigate lawns and gardens carefully to prevent water from standing for several days.
- Ensure windows, doors and porches are tightly screened.
- Clear weeds in the yard.
While do-it-yourself products might serve as a quick fix, the experts at W.E. Black Pest Control recommend hiring a season exterminator to solve a repeated pest problem. Call them today at 864-375-1899 to schedule a pest control service.
About the company:
Billy Black has a master termite technician certification and acquired a commercial pest control operator’s license on February 2, 1978. In business since 1993, Mr. Black employs a general manager, five termite technicians, six pest control specialists, an office manager, and three office associates. Their capable staff has all the expertise to help address all pest and termite control needs for homes and businesses. Please give them a call or visit their website for questions or to schedule an appointment, http://www.weblackpestcontrol.com.