‘HUNT App for iPhone and iPad’ Now Available from Hunting GPS Maps
Hunting GPS Maps is excited to announce the launch of our new HUNT App for iOS devices. The new app will allow you to turn your iPhone or iPad into a GPS unit that displays your location relative to public and private property boundaries, hunting unit boundaries, and it also displays land-owner names--all layered over aerial imagery or topo basemaps.
Missoula, Montana (PRWEB) August 28, 2013
Hunting GPS Maps is excited to announce the launch of our new HUNT App for iOS devices. The new app will turn an iPhone or iPad into a GPS unit that displays the users location relative to public and private property boundaries, hunting unit boundaries, and it also displays land-owner names--all layered over aerial imagery or topo basemaps. Easily plan hunts, access public and private lands, cache maps, and make waypoints right on the mobile device.
HUNT app users can subscribe to hunting-specific layers state-by-state. Layers included with the subscription include:
- Government and Public Lands to easily determine user position in relation to public lands
- Land-owner names with property boundaries, makes it easy to ask for land-owner permission or see private land boundaries while out in the field
- Game Management Units (GMU’s) or Hunting Units for as many different species and special hunt types as we can find available for that state
- Section Lines and Numbers
- Cache Basemaps and other subscription layers for use when beyond cell phone coverage
The free app version features are:
- Add GPS functionality to turn a mobile device into a GPS and easily see the users location on the map
- GMU’s /Hunting Units for general game species (for example in Wyoming the map shows antelope, deer, and elk units)
- Basemaps such as Topo and Aerial Imagery layers to easily see topo, roads, rivers, lakes, etc.
- Mark waypoints with hunting and other icons to allow navigation back to vehicles, camp sites, find good lookouts or blinds, or just mark places where game is present
- Mark Waypoints using a photo to easily document the locations of scrapes and rubs, wallows, game sightings, food sources, bedding areas, etc.
The HUNT App also has a state-of-the-art map caching feature that allows users to store maps for use outside of service areas. Basemaps and the subscription layers can be cached before the hunt to allow access to maps while outside of cell service. Easily swap out cached maps for any area depending on the destination.
To get the free HUNT App, visit the App Store and search for “HUNT app” or “onXmaps”. State-specific layers can be purchased two ways:
For more information on Hunting GPS Maps, please contact Matt Seidel at 208-GPS-MAPS or visit http://www.HuntingGPSMaps.com .