Happy Dogs, Happy Owners
Escondido, California (PRWEB) August 28, 2013
Executing on its mission: "To help people develop healthy and long-lasting relationships with their dogs," K9 Dog Park is pleased to partner with The American Kennel Club and sponsor its first annual Responsible Dog Owner Day (RDOD) event. RDOD is scheduled for Saturday, September 21, 2013 from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. at K9 Dog Park, 2750 Auto Park Way, Suite 22, Escondido, CA 92029.
All dog owners are welcomed to the event and those who attend will engage with resources that provide dogs and dog owners with healthier lifestyle options. Events planned for the event include:
- Canine First Aid: A First Aid & CPR class lead by K9 Dog Park owner Penny DiLoreto. This highly recommended First Aid / CPR class will cover such topics as: learning what vital signs are normal for dogs, heat and cold-related emergencies, bites and stings, poisoning emergencies, first aid, choking emergencies and CPR.
- Holistic Dog Care: Linda Troup, owner of Touch N Paws and Canine Wellness Consultant, will lead a discussion on integrating holistic options into the family pet's everyday care - the easy way - and giving tips on all natural flea treatments.
- Dog Nail Clinic: When dog nails get too long, they can break, which is painful and sometimes results in infection. Long nails can also cause an irregular gait that leads to skeletal damage. K9 Dog Park Responsible Dog Owner Day event participants are invited to attend Dog Nail Clinic. Certified Groomer "Sonia" will demonstrate the proper tools and techniques for keeping dogs nails short and in healthy condition.
- Dog Classes: Just like their two-footed friends, most dogs need exercise and socialization to keep them happy and healthy. During this Responsible Dog Owner Day event, attendees will have the opportunity to watch K9 Dog Park's Obedience, Rally, Agility and Trick Dog teams as they put on exhibitions. Information on how to join the Sport Training classes will be available.
- Dog Therapy Seminar: Attendees will learn how to volunteer at hospitals, nursing homes, and elsewhere in Dog Therapy work. As a Therapy Dog handler, team participants will learn about volunteering at nursing homes, hospitals, other institutions where therapy dogs are needed. During the Responsible Dog Owner Day event at K9 Dog Park, participants will have the chance to speak with Therapy Dog owners and learn more.
- During the "What’s the difference between a Service Dog and a Therapy Dog?" seminar, attendees will be given information on this sometimes misunderstood and confusing topic.
- Kids Events: Coloring Contests for the kids, Doggie Gift Basket Raffle, and lots of treats for both our two and four-legged guests.
Most of the events planned for the day are free, however some are offered at greatly reduced rate. Visit website for a schedule of events and pricing.
Well-behaved dogs that have been vaccinated and are on leash are welcome to come join in on the fun!
About K9 Dog Park
Located in Escondido, CA K9 Dog Park is the leading dog training and grooming center in southern California. K9 Dog Park is a pioneer in advanced training techniques for dogs and their owners. The company pioneered its proprietary pyrotechnic-pneumatic snake avoidance training without the use of shock-collars. K9 Dog Park specializes in training reactive dogs with fear, frustration and aggression issues to overcome those issues and mainstream back into society. K9 Dog Park offers dog-training programs such as Therapy Dog, Behavior Adjustment, Problem Solving, Agility, Rally, AKC-STAR Puppy, AKC-Canine Good Citizen, Snake Avoidance, Trick and others in its indoor training facility. In addition to training, the company offers dog grooming for all breeds.