Rideout Health Selects Perceptive Software Enterprise Content Management for Integration with McKesson Paragon System
Perceptive Software’s tight integration with Paragon will enable better automation and workflow of electronic documents related to healthcare accounts payable and materials management processes.
Shawnee, KS (PRWEB) August 29, 2013
Perceptive Software, creator of process and content management products and solutions, announces that Yuba City, California-based Rideout Health will deploy Perceptive Software's Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution for the health system's hospitals, cancer center, outpatient clinics and other ancillary services.
- Perceptive Software's ECM solution, Perceptive Content, will be tightly integrated with Rideout Health's McKesson Paragon hospital information system (HIS) to effectively manage unstructured content associated with accounts payable (AP) and materials management process automation. Electronic documents captured via scanning, email and EDI and stored in Perceptive Content will be quickly and easily accessible from the Paragon application interface.
- Perceptive Content enables users of Paragon and other hospital information systems (HIS) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to speed up workflows, reduce manual accounting and finance tasks and gain convenient access to documents, records and information directly from the core system.
- Specific Perceptive Content capabilities that will improve the Rideout Health AP process include: electronic scanning and routing of invoices to reviewers for coding and approval using Perceptive's eForm technology; export of invoices for HIS/ERP system upload; and updating of invoices with payment information. Materials management documents will be scanned, linked to the HIS/ERP system and sent through workflow for review. Electronic check requests will also be provided through an eForm and routed for approval.
- Implementation of Perceptive Content will be performed concurrently with the McKesson Paragon system, helping Rideout Health use precious IT resources wisely and benefit from economies of scale related to project planning and management, hardware and software installation, configuration and testing, user training and support.
- Documents stored in legacy applications and other information silos will be converted and migrated into Perceptive Content for easy enterprise access from a common content repository.
"When we decided to move to McKesson's Paragon system, we knew we also needed to pursue an enterprise content management solution,” said Tarun Ghosh, CIO, Rideout Health. “We chose Perceptive Software based on their understanding of our vision and their excellent track record integrating with other hospital information systems. Perceptive’s ability to synchronize their implementation with our Paragon project will provide us with substantial savings and faster realization of business efficiencies.”
About Rideout Health (http://www.rideouthealth.org)
Rideout Health is the independent, non-profit, community-based healthcare organization that operates Rideout Memorial Hospital, Fremont Medical Center, the Rideout Cancer Center, the Heart Center at Rideout and other medical facilities in Yuba, Sutter and Nevada Counties. With 1,800 staff, it also is the area's largest non-government employer, and has approximately 263 physicians on its medical staff. In fulfillment of its mission to provide quality healthcare to everyone, regardless of financial circumstance, in 2011 the organization provided nearly $50 million in unreimbursed or free medical care to uninsured or under-insured patients.
About Perceptive Software (http://www.perceptivesoftware.com)
Lexmark’s Perceptive Software (NYSE: LXK) builds intelligent capture, content management, process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most.