Star chefs bringing street foods from their favorite corners of the world to support immigrant philanthropy.
Emeryville, CA (PRWEB) August 30, 2013
OneVietnam today announced a star-chef-studded charity gala to be held on October 5th inside San Francisco’s historic Ferry Building.
Street Eats is a celebration of the contributions immigrants have made to California’s culture and diversity. On October 5th, 15 Bay Area star chefs will roll up their sleeves to cater street foods from their favorite corners of the world. Cuisines range from Japanese to Italian, Vietnamese to Peruvian, and, much like California, fusions of all of the above.
Proceeds will benefit OneVietnam, a local nonprofit working to foster philanthropy in the Vietnamese-American community. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton cited OneVietnam as an example of innovation in philanthropy. OneVietnam is working to bring its model to other immigrant communities in 2014.
To find more information, purchase tickets or make an online donation, please visit http://www.streeteats.in.
- Nick Balla and Cortney Burns of Bar Tartine (New American)
- Rob Lam of Butterfly (Asian Fusion)
- Jason Fox of Commonwealth (New American)
- Dominica Rice-Cisneros of Cosecha (Mexican)
- Kim Alter of Haven (New American)
- John Finger and Terry Sawyer of Hog Island Oyster Co. (California Oysters)
- Ravi Kapur of Liholiho Yacht Club (Hawaiian)
- Martin Castillo of Limon Rotisserie (Peruvian)
- Meg Ray of Miette (French Pastry)
- Greg Dunmore of Nojo (Japanese)
- Staffan Terje of Perbacco (Italian)
- Maxine Siu of Plow (Asian Fusion)
- Evan and Sarah Rich of Rich Table (New American)
- Charles Phan of The Slanted Door (Vietnamese)
- Leo Beckerman and Evan Bloom of Wise Sons Jewish Delicatessen (Jewish)
- Semi-formal, walk-around gourmet tasting event
- 15 tasting stations with street foods from around the world prepared by star chefs
- Two open bars featuring: cocktails by Erik Adkins of Hard Water; Hoegaarden, Leffe Blonde, Leffe Brune, and Stella Artois Belgian beers by Stella Artois; and a collection of wines selected by Chaylee Priete of The Slanted Door
- Mingle with star chefs and business and community leaders
- DJ, Instagram photo booth, and auction
All admission tickets include all of the above highlights. Tickets can be purchased online at streeteats.in. A limited number will be available at the door and can only be purchased with a credit card.
VIP Tickets: Guests can opt for VIP tickets to enjoy a special beer and food pairing demonstration by Stella Artois, early access to tasting and open bars (doors open at 6PM), and a VIP gift bag to take home.
Early Bird Specials: Save $30 on General and VIP tickets: $95 - Early Bird General Admission; $125 - Early Bird VIP Admission. Offer expires at midnight, August 31, 2013. Thereafter, tickets will be priced at: $125 - General Admission; $155 - VIP Admission.
Group Discounts: Street Eats is more fun with friends. Groups that include: 6 to 10 people, each person gets a $5 refund; 11 to 14 people, each person gets a $10 refund; 15+ people, each person gets a $15 refund!
WHEN & WHERE
Saturday, October 5, 2013, from 7:00PM to 10:00PM
Grand Hall (upper-floor, inside the Ferry Building)
One Ferry Building
San Francisco, CA 94111
MORE INFORMATION & TICKETS
Visit streeteats.in or contact us at streeteats(at)onevietnam(dot)org or (415) 448-6674.
OneVietnam is grateful for the generous support of its sponsors:
Presenting Sponsor: Stella Artois;
Gold Sponsors: FPT Software; Kordant Philanthropy Advisors;
Silver Sponsors: Eventbrite; First Republic Bank; Mandarin Oriental San Francisco; Uber; Vietnam Airlines; and Zipcar.
“Even though Street Eats is a food event, it strikes at the heart of what OneVietnam does: fostering philanthropy in the immigrant community. OneVietnam is about paying homage to your culture and where you come from by giving back, and that’s the spirit of Street Eats. OneVietnam is profoundly grateful for the support of the incredibly talented chefs who are donating their time and resources to our second biennial charity gala. It's truly unprecedented to have such a high caliber group of chefs together at a single event – we're absolutely stunned and grateful.”
– James Bao, Executive Director and Co-Founder of OneVietnam Network
“I am thrilled to be participating in Street Eats, for the second time, and supporting the efforts of OneVietnam. OneVietnam has the potential to make groundbreaking changes in the way we give back to our communities and the places we come from. Street Eats not only supports a great cause but also provides a unique culinary experience for our guests.”
– Charles Phan, Gala Chair & Executive Chef of The Slanted Door
OneVietnam is a nonprofit social enterprise based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Launched in 2010 with support from the Ford Foundation, OneVietnam is an online network using technology to promote diaspora philanthropy, particularly in the Vietnamese-American community. OneVietnam supports 30 grassroots organizations, including those improving education, providing healthcare, and fighting human trafficking in Vietnam. Learn more about OneVietnam at http://www.onevietnam.org.
Gwen Nguyen | Co-Founder, OneVietnam Network